Walking together on a journey - sharing experiences, tears, anger and sometimes even laughter. United we stand, divided we fall.

(973 Posts)

This special thread was started in 2008. Its a special place - one which nobody would ever willingly come to. I hope we pay tribute to our lost children by helping each other. xxxx

WeAreSeven Tue 24-Sep-13 08:26:23

morning, shabba xx

Charleymouse Tue 24-Sep-13 14:42:50

Afternoon ladies.

Hope you are all well, Snorris no way Uni how nervewracking exciting for you all. Shabba just seen Toms off to college, well done on those GCSEs. Mias and Weare how lovely to meet up and have a natter. Iliketomoveit I am a bit of a random poster as well, I feeel like I should habnd in a not to Shabba to excuse my absence and say the dog ate my homework.

Welcome tinypumpkin I and a few other mums are parents of lone twins.
I find it really hard as the day you are celebrating a birthday you are also mourning a lost child. It is such a roller coaster and so hard having competing emotions trying to pull you apart.

People seem afraid to mention your twin baby who is no longer here and that upsets you as much as them saying something and you being upset on the day. Sometimes you feel as though they just want to sweep things under the carpet.

What happened to your DD1? What is she called? I am so grateful that DT2 made it but devastated that DT1 did not.

Four years is no time at all and people who think that you should have moved on or got over it all now are so fortunate that they do not have to walk a mile in our shoes. You do not get over it, you learn to cope, to live with it, to laugh again and smile, even enjoy life occasionally but you do not just get over losing a child.

Much love
CM

My5boysandme Tue 24-Sep-13 16:17:43

Remembering Dexter 21/07/12-24/09/12 xxx

My5boysandme Tue 24-Sep-13 16:18:25

Aargh fat fingers

Remembering Dexter 21/06/12-24/09/12 xxx

Hiya Charley - so good to see you....dont need a note grin its just always good to see you xxxx

WeAreSeven Wed 25-Sep-13 01:06:40

Hi Charley!

Hi Myfive, remembering Dexter xx
How is his new brother doing?

Morning girls xx

Everybody OK? <<whispers>> We have very warm sunshine!!

WeAreSeven Thu 26-Sep-13 23:51:46

Well, we had horrible weather here, shabs!

Morning girls xx

Thinking of Sylvie-Rose today, a adored little sister to 4 big brothers, and daughter of loving parents *weareseven" and MrWeAreSeven. A beautiful little rose. Xx

WeAreSeven Fri 27-Sep-13 10:44:51

Mias blush Her anniversary isn't today, I think I said it was on another thread because I knew for ages it was a Friday but it's next Friday. I had got in into my head that it was the week after I was meeting you so think I told you wrongly!
But you are lovely to remember even if Sylvie-Rose's mother is a numpty!

Ah well, Sylvie-Rose is still loved and adored by her family, regardless of what day it is...

WeAreSeven Fri 27-Sep-13 16:43:50

She is! She is loved and missed every single day of every single year.

Morning girls xx

Morning shabs. How's things with you? How are your parents and the lovely Lew?

lovely Lew is fantastic!! He has had a haircut this week - he says he doesn't want curls anymore grin It is still curly though - Danny has managed, somehow, to spike it up for him!! Dan, Em & Lew are going to a friends house tonight for a get together. All the lads who were in the 'gang' at High school plus their wives and children grin Cant even imagine how noisy that will be LOL.

My parents, especially Dad, are really not well. Dad is now on Morphine syrup and has a Morphine patch on - he says that he is still in pain even with his dosage being doubled up sad xx

WeAreSeven Sat 28-Sep-13 16:44:29

Aw, why do they always decide they don't want curls any more? Ds4 insisted that he get a "boy's" haircut after some little brat friend in school told him he had a girl's one.

Your poor Dad. It must be so hard being in pain all the time.sad

I dont know how Danny has managed to spike it into a small Mohecan (wrong spelling) I think there has probably been a lot of hair gel involved LOL. By the time he has run about at the party the curls will all be back LOL.

Im going down to my parents house tomorrow - at the beginning the world and his wife visited but now we are down to myself, DH, Dan & his family and Tom. I have to buy DH a birthday card for my Mum - take it down while she writes it out and then bring it back LOL LOL. They live on a main road and its a bus ride to shops for them.

Dad is my hero - such a strong bloke who hates admitting how ill he feels - he is my first love xxx

thinking of dexter and sylvie rose xxxx

hope everyones doing ok xxxx

Morning girls xx

WeAreSeven Sun 29-Sep-13 13:49:40

Afternoon, all!

Evening all.

Shabba - lovely Lew with a curly Mohican?!? wink Love it!! But sad to hear your parents are dealing with so much pain, despite the drugs. Yet they still think about others like your DH. No wonder your dad is your first love...

Just spent the afternoon with lovely friends who are due to soon have the inquest for their adult daughter who died after a riding accident. They wanted to understand what to expect... We shared our experience for Mia, and said that there is no 'good' outcome, because it won't bring the daughter back, but it is the opportunity to seek answers if they do have any questions. But so rubbish that this an area of 'expertise' we now have. I feel for them so.

Morning girls xx

snorris Mon 30-Sep-13 10:13:30

Morning everyone.

I'm feeling massively guilty at the moment. I took little L to a party at the weekend and one of the other mums there mentioned she'd taken her elder daughter up to Seren's grave and had I seen the picture someone had left? I felt awful confessing that I hadn't been for weeks, it is complicated though as I don't always have the car and now that's failed its MOT sad.
We're also changing the bedrooms around now dd1 has gone to uni - that was agreed even before she applied but of course it means moving Seren's bed and her clothes. It all feels so disloyal but of course she isn't forgotten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now