Walking together on a journey - sharing experiences, tears, anger and sometimes even laughter. United we stand, divided we fall.

(973 Posts)

This special thread was started in 2008. Its a special place - one which nobody would ever willingly come to. I hope we pay tribute to our lost children by helping each other. xxxx

Poor man - just a few words that say everything sad

How lovely of him to contribute. xxxx

SalmonellaDeGhoul Sat 12-Oct-13 16:47:19

Poor man. sad

BeaverAbroad Sat 12-Oct-13 16:55:20

Poor man sad

BeaverAbroad Sat 12-Oct-13 16:55:40

Xpost.

Morning girls xx

lavandes Sun 13-Oct-13 22:00:32

Hi ladies

I feel that I must stay away for a while. I will never forget the love and support I have had from you all but I feel I must take a break . xxx

tinypumpkin Sun 13-Oct-13 22:37:22

Sorry to hear that you need to take a break Lavandes, wishing you gentle days and weeks.

I am not sure if I am allowed to do this so apologies if not. I will understand if the link is removed. I nominated our hospital chaplain as she has been truly amazing since Ava died for an award. She has been shortlisted and the event is the day before Ava's 4th birthday next week. If anyone would be kind enough to vote that would be amazing. It's free and no need to register. Link is here

SalmonellaDeGhoul Sun 13-Oct-13 23:20:15

We will miss you, lavandes but do what you need to do for yourself xx

Morning girls xx

Will miss you Lavandes - very much - but I do understand totally. Take care love and shout up if you need to talk at all xxxxxx

Lavandes, do what you need to do. We aren't going anywhere if you want to pop back. Take care of yourself. X

Morning girls xx

have lit my candle in honour of all our children - no matter what their age when they left us xxxxx

'No death so sad as that of a child.' xxxxx

Morning girls xx

orangeflutie Wed 16-Oct-13 08:00:32

Remembering my son James today although it's not as if I forget. Happy 15th Birthday. Love you always xx

SalmonellaDeGhoul Wed 16-Oct-13 09:51:17

Happy birthday, James xx

orangeflutie Wed 16-Oct-13 15:08:19

Thank you SalmonelladaGhoulsmile it's good to hear. As each year passes his name doesn't pop up in conversation much and I feel more sad. He was here and did exist so thanks again.

I don't usually post on this thread so hope this is ok with everyone.

SalmonellaDeGhoul Wed 16-Oct-13 15:18:01

Of course, orange. You don't need to purchase a license or anything to post here . grin

BeaverAbroad Wed 16-Oct-13 16:25:30

Happy 15th birthday James.

I real,t hate it when people act like my child has disappeared. People acting like he never existed.

My niece was doing some poetry yesterday and was studying a poem from the pov of a mother on the loss of her son. It was so sad. She needed help on a presentation and all I could do was cry. hmm

Sorry this is belated but Happy Birthday James xxxx

Morning girls xx

Hi just wanted to let you know i finally had my baby
He was born last thu by c section he came out pink and screaming
I was longing so much to hear him cry me and dh both were

I'm very sore still

Of course it's been a bit strange with emotions flying all over the place
With ds1 on our minds all the time

Had to fight off a lot of upsetting comments about how when it's your second this and that etc

When this baby is my third

Ds1 will always be my second

And comments like now your a mother of two....

Ouch how they sting me to the core

But I I think I'm doing quite well stick up for myself and ds1

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty towards ds2 that I think of ds1 so much but i wil get used to it

I keep going to call ds2 ds1 name and in fact hd actually did last night
I've not actually said it out loud yet
I just kinda think it in my mind

Anyway don't want to go on, just wanted to let you know what was goin go n with me xxxx

I hope you all are well and I think of you all very much xxxx

Many congratulations White - thats wonderful xx

Welcome to the world little boy xx

I struggled with the name thing as well. I can imagine how your emotions are all over the place.

Sending love to you and your family xxx

SalmonellaDeGhoul Thu 17-Oct-13 13:52:52

white, how wonderful! I'm really happy for you. The name thing is normal and I mean that as in I call ds1 by ds2's name and ds2 by ds3's name etc. I know all my boys are living but I don't think it would be any different if I had lost one, if you know what I mean.
And it's natural that you would think of ds1. Of course you do xxxx

Helyantha Thu 17-Oct-13 21:02:30

Congratulations White! Welcome to the world, little one xx

White, that is wonderful news. Yes, you will be all over the place with your emotions, but enjoy those lovely snuggles. Xx

Morning girls xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now