Feeling numb, my uncle died this morning.

(7 Posts)

I'm not really sure how I should be feeling. He had lung cancer (work-related, inhaled lots of dust) and emphysema, so its good that's he's not suffering any more. I just can't believe he has gone.

chipmonkey Fri 21-Jun-13 19:48:40

It is a big shock and even if someone is ill, death is so very final, isn't it? Were you close to your uncle?
<<HUGS>>>

kansasmum Fri 21-Jun-13 20:13:50

I'm very sorry your Uncle has died. You will feel numb for a while- just take things a day at a time or an hour at a time.
((((Hugs))))

Thank you. I just feel like I'm not feeling enough if you know what I mean. We were very close, and at the moment it feels like its just a relief that its over, though I can't believe it. I'm eating lots of chocolate sad

madasa Fri 21-Jun-13 20:34:42

Sorry for your loss Suzy.
Grief doesn't follow any rules....just be kind to yourself and if chocolate is what you need at the moment then so be it x

chipmonkey Fri 21-Jun-13 22:14:39

I think that's quite common and normal. When my Dad died, it was things months after that hit me. Thinking "I must ask Dad that" and suddenly realising I couldn't.

Thank you. Its just the little things that set me off. Its just hard to believe that he's gone. Lots of things make me think of him, he was an amazing person, and I'm sad he's gone sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now