Two years today - my father

(7 Posts)
ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Sat 15-Jun-13 23:40:50

No - it's not weird and you don't need to wash it until you are ready.

There are a lot of us missing our Dad's this weekend (it has been 3 years for me) - but it must be extra hard if it's the anniversary of his death and bloody sodding Father's Day sad x

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 15-Jun-13 23:37:56

Please don't think I am odd, but...

I have kept the pillowcase that he died on and I cuddle it. I need to wash it dont I?

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 15-Jun-13 23:35:13

Oh thank you all so much! So sorry for your losses sad

I truly don't know what to do with myself today. I chose (didn't have to) go to work. Also chose to go tomorrow, but I've had about 4 hours sleep in 48 and I just want to oh god I dont know what!

chickydoo Sat 15-Jun-13 22:29:26

Shakey1500 Sat 15-Jun-13 22:29:19

Sorry for your loss. thanks

It will be 39 years since my Dad died (I was 4) and not a day goes by where I don't think of him in some way. None moreso than Father's Day.

My DS (5) is the spitting image of him so I like to think he's still "around" in some way.

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 15-Jun-13 22:23:43

I sympathise. Mine too, but a few years ago now, when I was pregnant, with who would have been his first grandchild. Hugs. x

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 15-Jun-13 22:16:04

At 4.30pm on 15th June 2011, my father passed away. I wish I could say he went peacefully, but he went kicking and screaming. To a boiling, stormy sky, just like today. It's so cruel. Tomorrow is Fathers' day.

I'm not sure I will come back to this thread but I thank you if you post and I send my thoughts and prayers to all of you who have lost your loved ones.

Sorry if that sounds weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now