My daughter died on Saturday

(156 Posts)
accidia Mon 03-Jun-13 03:33:26

I can't sleep. There's so much I have to do. Just waiting for daylight so I can go outside and see to my animals. The insomnia has been going on for months but it's harder to deal with now.
She had a life-limiting illness so we knew this day would come but didn't think it was going to be then.

Pancakeflipper Mon 03-Jun-13 23:18:48

Accidia, I am so sorry. Nothing of help to say but it's just heartbreaking.

Try to take some time out for you whilst you tend everything and everyone else.

deleted203 Mon 03-Jun-13 23:19:05

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

aftermay Mon 03-Jun-13 23:21:20

So sorry for your loss.

Snazzywaitingforsummer Mon 03-Jun-13 23:24:01

So sorry. Glad you have found some comfort in talking to her headteacher. Please talk about her if it helps or post whatever you need to.

rockybalboa Mon 03-Jun-13 23:27:20

So sorry for your loss sadthanks

BriansBrain Mon 03-Jun-13 23:34:32

I'm so sorry, I have a DD with a heart disease and still can't honestly comprehend what you are going through right now.

I just wanted to let you know you also have my hand to hold x

NomDeClavier Mon 03-Jun-13 23:52:12

I'm so very sorry for your loss sad Thinking of you and your family.

There is always someone around here to listen, even if we can't understand what you're going through we can hold your hand and walk a little of the way beside you.

lucjam Mon 03-Jun-13 23:54:49

So sorry, may she rest in peace, take care of yourself xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss.

accidia Tue 04-Jun-13 07:36:22

Thank you all. Mumsnet can be a wonderful place. I have been a member for a long time although not a regular poster. At the time of starting this thread I didn't want to risk being recognised although many people probably don't know who I am anyway. It's just doing the practical stuff at the moment - I went to see dd at the hospice where she went for respite sessions. They have a special room for occasions (is that the right word?) such as this. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to but I'm glad I did. My other girls are going to school today, dd1 has an exam and the others want to. Not sure if I will take the littlest one to preschool tho as it's on the same site as the first school.

Be gentle with yourself. No need for the little one to go back to preschool just yet.

weebarra Tue 04-Jun-13 08:17:30

So sorry for your loss. Another mum of a DC with heart disease thinking of you and your DD.

Madamimadam Tue 04-Jun-13 08:37:00

I am so sorry for your loss, accidia. You and your family are in my prayers xxx

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 04-Jun-13 08:39:38

I am so very sorry sad

Thinking of you today.

xxx

I am so sorry for your loss sad

She sounds like a wonderful and brave little girl. xx

5madthings Tue 04-Jun-13 11:30:09

So sorry for your loss sad

No wise words but here to listen xxx

GraduallyGoingInsane Tue 04-Jun-13 11:32:50

I'm so sorry for your loss, she sounds like a truly amazing little girl. I can't begin to comprehend what you're going through but I hope you are ok. Be kind to yourself and don't let anyone tell you how you should be feeling.

motherinferior Tue 04-Jun-13 11:34:14

I'm so sorry.

RachelHRD Tue 04-Jun-13 11:38:40

So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you all xx

Another here thinking of you, so so sorry. Wish I could change this for you.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. flowers

LaTrucha Tue 04-Jun-13 11:43:05

I am very sorry for your loss. That it was expected at some point makes it no easier. Your daughter sounds just lovely.

Geordieminx Tue 04-Jun-13 11:49:44

So sorry for your loss x

Stircrazyafteralltheseyears Tue 04-Jun-13 11:50:29

Thinking of you and praying for you to receive strength, comfort and peace.

HumphreyCobbler Tue 04-Jun-13 11:52:50

I am so very sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now