My daughter died on Saturday

(156 Posts)
accidia Mon 03-Jun-13 03:33:26

I can't sleep. There's so much I have to do. Just waiting for daylight so I can go outside and see to my animals. The insomnia has been going on for months but it's harder to deal with now.
She had a life-limiting illness so we knew this day would come but didn't think it was going to be then.

Thumbwitch Mon 03-Jun-13 07:04:57

Very sad to hear of your loss - even if you always knew it was going to happen, it's still awful when it eventually does, especially if it really wasn't expected this hospital visit.

Much love xxx

marapat Mon 03-Jun-13 07:06:47

I can only send you a big hug but I hope it helps a little

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Mon 03-Jun-13 07:17:13

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sending you a massive hug, though I appreciate that is little comfort.

I would also welcome hearing about your beautiful girl. Please tell us more, if it helps. This is the hardest, most surreal time ever, and my heart hurts for you. It is not right to lose your child.

CabbageLeaves Mon 03-Jun-13 07:21:55

So sorry acciddia. You sound understandably in shock and still processing. I want to wish you peace and some help in the days to come but fear it sounds trite since that is such an enormous ask

ohmeohmyforgotlogin Mon 03-Jun-13 07:22:47

Thinking of you and your family.

maristella Mon 03-Jun-13 07:24:34

I am so so sorry x

Bluebell99 Mon 03-Jun-13 07:24:52

So sorry to hear your news. ((hugs)) thinking of you.

curiousparent Mon 03-Jun-13 07:26:12

So very sorry for your loss. I too lost a child (cancer), he too was stubborn as we were told many times that 'the time' had come only for him to carry on. But we had a better idea that it was really going to happen as he was end stage for a couple of months at home and so it wasn't so much of a shock.

Knowing that it will happen at some point doesn't make it any easier to deal with the hurt, the loss and the practicalities. You miss them just as much, want to be with them just as much and continue to enjoy all the pleasures that they give you.

I hope you have plenty of help and support and that you can all get through this difficult time. xxx

accidia Mon 03-Jun-13 08:40:16

I've just come back from speaking to her headteacher - she is one of the most fabulous people I have ever met. We've sat and talked about dd, laughed and cried - I am feeling a bit calmer now as this was one of the things I was dreading. She is going to tell the other schools for me and inform parents etc.

Jagsy Mon 03-Jun-13 08:43:16

So sorry for your loss.
xx

mummymccar Mon 03-Jun-13 08:43:29

So sorry for your loss, sending you love and prayers at this time xxx

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 03-Jun-13 08:44:13

So very sorry to hear this terrible news, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 03-Jun-13 08:44:39

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I know that's a trite and pointless thing to say but I just don't have the words.

Losing a child is simply wrong.

Umlauf Mon 03-Jun-13 08:50:38

I'm so sorry for your loss. The headteacher sounds wonderful, and your dd sounds like a real character. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers xxx

extracrunchy Mon 03-Jun-13 08:52:34

I'm sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your family. X

magso Mon 03-Jun-13 08:55:32

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Four4me Mon 03-Jun-13 08:56:37

So sorry that you and your family are going through such a dreadful time. Heartbreaking for you sad will be thinking of you x

duchesse Mon 03-Jun-13 08:58:09

I am so sorry accidia.

BIWI Mon 03-Jun-13 08:58:32

Sorry sad

Weegiemum Argentina Mon 03-Jun-13 08:59:10

I'm so sorry to hear your news. From your conversation with the head teacher, it sounds like she was loved by many and will be greatly missed. Your family are in our thoughts and prayers here xxx.

So very, very sorry for your loss.

There is no death so sad as that of a child. Sending my families love to your family and thinking about you at this awful time xxxxx

FlatsInDagenham Mon 03-Jun-13 23:10:03

Accidia, your path is unspeakably hard. But you have the might of mumsnet walking that path with you - not saying much perhaps, just a few words to show that we are here and we are listening. If you stumble, we will be here to catch you and gently help you back on your feet.

Sending love to you and your family.

toomuch2young Mon 03-Jun-13 23:13:38

I am so sorry for your loss. Your daughter sounds amazing. I hope you and your other DC are getting plenty of RL support by just now but in all the coming days weeks months and years xx

How heart-wrenching, I'm so sorry. She sounds like a superstar. It must be so hard to believe. Look after yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now