Remembrance candles Sunday evening for 2 little boys who are in the hearts of so many people that never met them

(6 Posts)
Velve Thu 23-May-13 21:53:06

How absolutely terrible!
I will be lighting two candles on Sunday for the boys.
I'm so sad for them and their family.

everlong Thu 23-May-13 21:43:31

I'm not Dutch but I will light a candle for Julian and Ruben on Sunday.

ChickenNoodleSoup Thu 23-May-13 14:30:37

As a Dutchie abroad, two candles will be burning for Ruben and Julian here on Sunday night....

ChasingStaplers Thu 23-May-13 08:17:59

So very sad. sad
Thoughts go out to the family x

Bumping for you

SpaceKoala Wed 22-May-13 21:58:32

Hi, not sure whether this is the right place to post..

This Sunday evening between 1900-2000 Dutch time, 1800-1900 UK time, all over holland people will be lighting to candles in the window in memory of 2 brothers who tragically lost their lives, Julian and Ruben.

They were 7 and 9 years old.
This has not been covered by the uk media I think, but this has shocked Holland.

Their father said he planned to take them on a short break, and kept in touch with his current girlfriend at first. He ended up going somewhere totally different from where he said he went. Took cash and ditched his phone so he couldn't be traced.

Over 2 weeks ago he was found in a forest after committing suicide. He left a note, with no mention of the boys at all.
Half the country was involved in the search operation.
They were found last Sunday, their bodies hidden in a farmland ditch.

This is so incredibly sad, there are no words.

The family has asked for people all over Holland to light a candle this Sunday evening, in remembrance of Julian and Ruben.

I think it would be very touching for the family if people in the UK, and elsewhere in the world could light a candle for them as well, hence this post.

Those boys should still be with us. Wherever they are now, they will know that they are loved by so many, foremost their family and friends, but also by many people that never met them.

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now