Could do with some hand-holding please?

(481 Posts)
ChubbyKitty Mon 20-May-13 06:32:04

Horrific accident in my parents house. Mum and grandad have both gone, dad is stable, and only found one of three cats.

I'm 21, I did not expect to lose my mum this soon at all. It hasn't even sunk in properly yet, and I know when it does I will be completely destroyed. What do I even dosad

mummylin Sat 21-Sep-13 00:18:09

Sorry that you felt sad last night, but it's understandable . It's been a tough few months for you. I think you have been very strong . Hope your dad is bearing up ok now that part has been carried out. Has he moved into his new place ?

ChubbyKitty Sat 21-Sep-13 00:35:17

He has. He also had one of the cats, she moved today. It was strange coming home from work and not being jumped all over!

I don't think work is helping at all. Sometimes I almost burst into tears and have to excuse myself to the bathroom for a few minutes.

mummylin Sat 21-Sep-13 00:45:56

Oh it will be a good job when you get out of there, you need a clean break with a new start. But you mustn't push yourself too hard. You have been through a massive trauma and although you may think your ok, your probably not, your bursting into tears is a natural thing, that is what grief does, you can be perfectly fine then something just happens or you think something and it upsets you. I was like that myself last weekend when I heard the song we had at my mums funeral on X factor , I just sat here in tears and for me it's 22 months.! You are perfectly normal and tears are healing better to let t out than keep,it all inside you.

mummylin Tue 24-Sep-13 01:04:13

Hi chubby, hope you are doing ok. Are you sleeping better than you were now ? Have you had your cuddle with that little baby yet ? They change and grow so quickly before you know it they are going to school ! Chat soon

ChubbyKitty Thu 26-Sep-13 22:18:18

Urrrgh thread vanishedblush

mummylin Thu 10-Oct-13 02:13:46

Had the same problem chubby , it sort of dropped off the radar. Didnt think I would be on mn at all tonight as MN been so slow, apparently the site was near crash point !
Anyway , how are you getting on now you are further down the line ?
No word from Asda I spose, bloody rude if they don't even reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now