Could do with some hand-holding please?

(481 Posts)
ChubbyKitty Mon 20-May-13 06:32:04

Horrific accident in my parents house. Mum and grandad have both gone, dad is stable, and only found one of three cats.

I'm 21, I did not expect to lose my mum this soon at all. It hasn't even sunk in properly yet, and I know when it does I will be completely destroyed. What do I even dosad

ChubbyKitty Tue 20-Aug-13 21:04:59

I went to skeg last weekend. He gave me it early thigh, a lot of people did so I could waste it get some toys haha.

mummylin Tue 20-Aug-13 21:53:23

Oh is that when you went to the caravan with your friends ?

ChubbyKitty Tue 20-Aug-13 23:24:03

It was yeah

mummylin Thu 22-Aug-13 10:26:46

Do you think you will get a holiday together at some point this year. Would do you a world of good. To get away together for a while

ChubbyKitty Thu 22-Aug-13 13:01:34

I would like to yeah. It's difficult because he has to pre book all his holidays in April, and now our stores been taken over by a new franchise I have less than no idea how to book a holiday!

I heard a rumour that it was done online but we've not been told explicitly what to do. conveniently

mummylin Thu 22-Aug-13 13:41:50

Surely you are still entitled to any holiday you have accrued despite being taken over. They have to honour holidays

ChubbyKitty Thu 22-Aug-13 15:21:29

Something along those lines yeah. I find it very confusing. I preferred the old system where I just tell the manager I was going away and he just did whatever managers do.

mummylin Thu 22-Aug-13 21:23:24

Just wrote you. Post and site went off.ine !!
If you have continuation of service from when your old company was the ou should be allowed your normal holiday entitlement, ie if you ae still working under the terms of your old contract , your holidays should be the same I would just ask your manager what you are entitled to . Can't shoot you can he !

ChubbyKitty Fri 23-Aug-13 01:37:24

Nah he'd be fine. If he even knows himself!

It can't be hard I'm sure. Unless they don't ever want us going on holiday but that seems counter productive.

ChubbyKitty Sat 24-Aug-13 02:21:33

So I'm not actually sleeping much.

It's been 3 months but I just seem to lie awake replaying it all. Is that normal? I guess it could be a delayed reaction because I was so numb to start with, but I don't cry or get angry I just...lay there.

mummylin Sat 24-Aug-13 10:20:13

I think it's natural, in a way it's a bit like having post traumatic stress. Now it is all over your brain is trying to process things, you may actually need something from your doc. Or if you don't want that try taking some nytol . There is no doubt it's all connected, you coped so well but your body reacting differently now. After all you went through a massive shock and somewhere along the line your mind and body going to be really tested. Although you prob feel well in yourself, your body reacting opposite, I would discuss with doc .

ChubbyKitty Sat 24-Aug-13 13:04:13

I think I best do yeah. Meant to go to the bank this morning and because I didn't get to sleep til 5/6 I've only just rolled out of bed. Not helpful! I might see if I can get some more kalms, they worked really well.

mummylin Sat 24-Aug-13 20:23:36

You could try rescue remedy , think you can get that in any chemist. You need to look after yourself before you become ill. You have done so well but sooner or later things catch up with you . Seek help early rather than later

ChubbyKitty Sun 25-Aug-13 00:49:15

Definitely need something. I'm so very tired and won't be managing at work very well with no energy and we're kind of coming out the other side of our money blip. Don't want to slip again really as that's just more stress that we don't need.

mummylin Sun 25-Aug-13 00:59:01

If I were you I would make apt with your doc, you may actually need some sort of counselling too, but you do need to be able to sleep.

ChubbyKitty Sun 25-Aug-13 02:02:07

I will. It will have to be Tuesday now because of bloody bank holiday, although its only 3 nights to get through I suppose. I've been coming down and getting cups of redbush tea which helps a little (no caffeine) but its not exactly ideal.

mummylin Sun 25-Aug-13 02:05:19

Yes I thought that myself about the bank holiday, but you can ring on tues and make apt.it won't hurt for you to have a bit of help

ChubbyKitty Sun 25-Aug-13 02:44:00

I really feel like I need it now, I wasn't so bad at first. Like you say though its all catching up with me. If I make it to sleep before 4 tonight and don't get kept awake by neighbour man going to work then we're set.

Need to be up at a reasonable time tomorrow to see a friend before she has her baby!

mummylin Sun 25-Aug-13 11:58:59

Oh is the baby due soon ? How lovely. They are so cute. How people can hurt them I don't know. They are all F ing bastards. I think the next baby in my family will be my niece( better not be one of my grandkids ) !

ChubbyKitty Sun 25-Aug-13 12:21:33

She's got a weekgrin

I love babies. I think the next one will be mine in our family. I have two aunties but I don't think they're having anymore and my cousins only 7!

mummylin Sun 25-Aug-13 12:38:20

Will watch this space for the announcement grin

ChubbyKitty Sun 25-Aug-13 23:52:09

Got some kalms and some vanilla camomile tea. Should work, if not then it's only two nights.

mummylin Mon 26-Aug-13 01:52:30

Yes hopefully that will do until you can get to your doc. Hope they can give you a quick apt , down our surgery we are lucky if we can see someone before a week !

ChubbyKitty Mon 26-Aug-13 11:10:12

Ours are okay if you're willing to be awake at 8.30. Which is a stupid time.

mummylin Tue 27-Aug-13 12:42:00

Did you manage to get to doc today or have you made your apt ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now