(955 Posts)
TrinityRhino Tue 14-May-13 20:39:51

Hi everyone
Thank you for so much help and such kind words x

TrinityRhino Sun 30-Jun-13 12:19:26

woohooo nice one mouse grin

greenhill Sun 30-Jun-13 13:44:09

Well done mouse what an achievement. Your pics are great too smile

I'm looking forward to the long holiday, but it's three weeks to go here.

Mouseface Sun 30-Jun-13 15:47:58

Thank you. It was a HUGE personal achievement for me. It was sooooooooooooo painful but my physical pain was in no way tantamount to what those poor children go through, in fact it doesn't even land in the same ball park so I was honoured to be thought so highly of for doing it.

It's something I'd do again, I wore all of my supports, took extra pain meds, made sure I had plenty of fluids and DH was with me too so he could have gone back for the car if he'd had too. smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sun 30-Jun-13 16:17:45

I don't know how you do it Mouse. You are heroic.
I am in complete awe of you.
Really.
xxx

MelodyBaker Sun 30-Jun-13 18:41:02

Well done mouse. I couldn't do that. I'm so unfit

Mouseface Mon 01-Jul-13 21:26:14

Trust me, it was NOT easy! xxx

MelodyBaker Mon 01-Jul-13 21:42:59

I'm going to take the dog for a very long walk tomorrow mouse, it won't be anything compared to What you have done but if I can think of something will I'm walking her it'll be useful.
Think of it as a brainstorming session!

magimedi Tue 02-Jul-13 22:42:20

Just looking in - hope the holidays start soon, Trinity.

Also hope you are having the half reasonable weather we've got 'dawn sawff'!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 03-Jul-13 00:01:21

Don't know where you are magi but it aint not half reasonable in Brighton today. It's like autumn. Bloody wet, windy and chilly.

My DD1 lives in Portugal and is moaning about 36C, and DH and DS are just up behind Cannes (FFS!) finalising installation of a house and want sympathy because the Tour de France will interrupt them tomorrow!

And did I mention that it's wet, windy and chilly here?

I gather you've become a hooker Trin, how's it going? grin

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Jul-13 08:06:08

im loving being a hooker. just wish I was better at it lol
and faster grin

its very wet, windy and grey here
pft
first day of the holidays today
no need to be getting the kids out of the house by 8.30 yay

let the cabin fever begin lol

mistlethrush Wed 03-Jul-13 08:31:31

Yup, wet, windy and grey here too. Not quite holidays though. There must be quite a degree of variation across Scotland - aren't Glasgow schools out before now (friend in Glasgow)?

How are the hens settling in now? Is the purple disappearing and new feathers coming through? Do any of them have any particular characteristics emerging?

magimedi Wed 03-Jul-13 08:50:45

Bewitched - I'm just the other side of Beachy Head to you!! I agree tat today is vile (but meant to get better) but the past few days haven't been bad, for this apology of a summer.

Trinity I hope you & the kids really enjoy your down time this holidays & catch up on rest & sleep.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 03-Jul-13 11:30:00

Trin The more you do it the better/faster you'll get grin
Hope you enjoy the holidays, it's so nice not to have the routine for a while.

No more summers for 10 years so they say!!! Time to emigrate.

MelodyBaker Wed 03-Jul-13 18:48:59

No summers for 10 years! <books flights to Spain> (I used to live there, beautiful country especially the south - malaga, Andalucia and Granada.)
I'm jealous of everyone on holidays - 2 weeks to go. DD needs a break as do I, in 5 weeks I'll be in turkey asleep on a beach!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 04-Jul-13 01:43:27

I love Turkey and Turkish people, really wonderful. We went when the money had loads of 0000000s and got very confused, but lots of times waiters and taxi drivers ran after us to give money back because we'd paid too much!!!
And our landlord let my 14 year old daughter run his jewellery shop for an evening and said she could keep any money she took, she didn't sell anything but was really chuffed.
We went back 2 years later to a different area and my DH rang them in a bit of a drunk, nostalgic moment and they they remembered him and all our names!
Sorry, getting a bit sentimental but am envy smile

ripsishere Thu 04-Jul-13 05:48:34

Fuck me dead Trin. I had no idea. So so so sorry for your loss. I've not been on MN for a couple of months, so missed this.
I don't know what to say. Life is shit <captain state the fucking obvious>.
Love and peace to you and your family.
Kreecher/Rips xx

magimedi Thu 04-Jul-13 08:06:56

No more summers for 10 years so they say!

Considering the Met Office can't even get next week right I am a bit sceptical about their ability to forecast ten years ahead!

Another Turkey fan logging in here - love the place.

Hope you are having a good lie in & an easy day to come, Trinity.

TrinityRhino Thu 04-Jul-13 08:15:32

hey rips smile
thank you

MelodyBaker Thu 04-Jul-13 21:47:41

Hope today has been as kind as it can Trin. Make sure that you take the holidays easy.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 04-Jul-13 22:24:50

I hope you're having a calm, peaceful time Trin, hows dem chucks?
I'm guessing your girls are happy just mooching around at home rather than wanting constant outings. And you're near the beach anyway for quick sorties when the sun appears.
I'm going to France tomorrow for the w/e, not sure how much I'll be able to be here, but will be thinking of you.
Give that Lolly an ear scratch from me grin
flowersflowersflowers

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 05-Jul-13 01:25:09

And very many congratulations on your one year anniversary wink

Awesome!

magimedi Fri 05-Jul-13 08:03:41

I read on another thread that today is your one year day!

Well done. You must be very proud of yourself.

TrinityRhino Fri 05-Jul-13 09:36:22

ONE YEAR SOBER!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you everyone grin

mistlethrush Fri 05-Jul-13 09:46:49

Wonderful Trin brew grin flowers

Guerrillacrochet Fri 05-Jul-13 09:46:56

Hi Trin
Just stopping by to say hello. Congrats on the anniversary smile. Re the hooking yes, it is completely addictive. I only learned how to do it fairly recently but you can't stop me now! Can your girls hook too? Maybe you could do a project together for a bit of quiet time on rainy days?
And mouse well done on the walk, what a fantastic achievement flowers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now