Well we got the post mortem results for BIL....

(11 Posts)

i'm so sorry to hear that - really sad.

my partners mother hanged herself when he was very small and its very hard for the family left behind. i've often thought of what a state she must have been in to leave little children behind.

i hope you can all find a way through this difficult time x

LowLevelWhinging Thu 02-May-13 13:29:13

So sorry for your loss. flowers

He must have been very troubled to take such extreme actions that have affected your whole family.

bigTillyMint Thu 02-May-13 13:28:33

Oh that's awfully sad. What a terrible waste. So sorry for your loss.

BIWI Thu 02-May-13 13:27:41

I'm so sorry sad

Poor man. What a state he must have got himself into. And awful for those of you that he left behind.

xxx

CinnabarRed Thu 02-May-13 13:27:01

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

My father killed himself, and it is devastating - but it doesn't have to be destroying. Getting counselling for his brothers if they're the types to go for it; lots of hugs and listening if not.

It does get easier, I promise. My dad died when I was 16; now I'm 38. I often think of him, but usually with smile rather than with pain.

greensnail Thu 02-May-13 13:26:32

God that's terrible. What a waste. My thoughts are with you and all of his family.

WandaDoff Thu 02-May-13 13:25:23

I'm very sorry for you & your families loss thanks

HamletsSister Thu 02-May-13 13:25:21

How terrible. I feel for you. I lost someone to suicide and it is, apparently, often a very little thing that can tip them over the edge. Far too young.

LilRedWG Thu 02-May-13 13:25:16

I'm so terribly sorry. flowers

Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 02-May-13 13:25:09

I'm so sorry, what a waste. If you can face it could you publish his story on social media to try and convince men, and it nearly always is men, that there is no shame in seeing a doctor.

If you save anther life then that's at least something positive to come out of what is a bloody terrible tragedy for your family.

and as we suspected there was nothing wrong with him. What he thought was cancer was a fungal infection - dose of cream would have cleared it up.

He was too embarrassed to go to the doctors, convinced himself he had cancer and hanged himself.

What a bloody waste - 42 years old, he had his whole life ahead of him. He has destroyed his brothers, he obviously didn't realise how much we all loved him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now