As we go through this painful journey together

(984 Posts)
lavandes Sun 10-Feb-13 21:24:05

As we go through this painful journey together we share, cry, scream and shout but we never judge, we know that there is always someone to listen. We always remember our precious children who will never be forgotten and will live on forever in our hearts.

lavandes Fri 15-Mar-13 17:15:07

Fingers and crossed in Cornwall Shabs thinking of you all xxx

My5boysandme Fri 15-Mar-13 17:45:32

I'm hoping your dad gets home Shabbath. The love your mum and dad have together really shines through in your posts xx

Just going to pick up 'our Harry' and bring him home!!! You can all uncross your fingers now - many thanks for your unwavering support xxxx

hooray!

harry, enjoy the rugby tomorrow smile

lavandes, do you live in cornwall? how lovely, i'd love to live near the sea.

we were supposed to be going to cornwall this year, got reffered to this project called sand rose, for breaved families, got approved, then they closed sad says on the website they are hoping to reopen soon

have you heard of it
?
here

chipmonkey Fri 15-Mar-13 23:13:47

Oh, shabs! That is great news!

lavandes Sat 16-Mar-13 15:36:08

Good Afternoon ladies xx

So glad your Dad is going home Shabs xx

I've lived in the same town in Cornwall all my life white I have never wanted to live anywhere else. I wouldn't mind having houses dotted around the world if I were rich though!

Hi guys dds been run down past fortnight sort of lo lever cold but last night she was coughing so bad, sweating has high temp. Just given calpol at 7am not sure if I should contact out of hours or wait till tomorrow ?

What do you think I should do please ?

Contact out of hours - her condition has become worse and it doesn't hurt to get her checked out.

Thanks mias mummy, I will do that then.

JUST phoned out of hours and told them she has temp of 39.1, shes got a nasty cough shes only 5 and i think shes got/may have a chest infection.
they said the dr will call back, but might take an hour....

Morning girls xx

White - Hope your DD soon gets better....children are scary things aren't they? xxx

thanks shabbs, im just sitting here by the phone, if they don't call by 845-9 i better call them back and check they have the right number

it is the thing, thats stresses me out the most, illness.
my biggest worry in life.

right have an appointment at 1020, so we are off xx

Good luck - hope everything goes well and DD is soon on the mend.

I agree - when my children are ill I build the illness up, in my head, until I frighten myself xx

We are back, they said her chest sounds clear of crackles and her throat is also clear, they said its an upper respiratory virus infection. And to just keep doing what we are doing fluids rest calpol. When we got home she was complainjng of being cold and asking for. Blanket and shivering, but her temp has gone back up again to late 39.5 she's just having some lunch just gave.more calpol half an hour ago

chipmonkey Sun 17-Mar-13 14:35:59

Oh white, poor dd and poor you! What a worry! Can you alternate baby nurofen with calpol or is that not advised any more?

She's got a bit worse since I getting her home, I did a thread in chat saying that her temp is still 39.5 two hours after having paracetamol and what should I do, most people said give ibuprofen too, so followed their advice, so gave her ibuprofen about 2.10pm

It's not like dd to be ill or to complain

She won't play board games which she normally will all day long, every day.
She just wants to go on the cbeebies website on the sofa so that's what she's doing

Wondering if I should call out of hours back if her temp doesn't improve soon

She looks a bit unwell in the face too, I suppose you can if you have a virus

Just worried about her

chipmonkey Sun 17-Mar-13 16:45:34

I would call. That's a very high temp and needs to be watched.

Morning girls xx

chipmonkey Mon 18-Mar-13 21:52:53

Hi shabs, how are your Dad and mum getting on at home?

When we go to see them they seem to be doing great BUT Im not very sure what they are like for the rest of the time. Mums Alzheimers is either quite mild OR totally out of control. I have been told by the ward Sister that Dads cancer, - because of where it is heading - into his brain, will eventually make him very confused as well. For now they are OK and for the future - we simply have no idea.

I will take the 'for now' though and we will worry about the future when we get there xxxxx

lavandes Thu 21-Mar-13 08:06:04

Morning ladies x

Hello my friends xx

Very quiet on here today - hope everybody is OK.

We are expecting a lot of snow tonight - Tom hopes school will be closed in the morning LOL

xx

chipmonkey Thu 21-Mar-13 23:22:48

We had proper snow here last week, shabs but just in our town! I struggled to get the boys to school on time, had my snow boots on, then when I was ten minutes down the motorway there was no snow and my colleagues were all hmm that I was late!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now