Support thread for anyone grieving for a parent

(980 Posts)
mummylin Sat 08-Dec-12 19:28:41

I have done as maybe has suggested and started a new thread.My comp dosent cope well with long threads.

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 12:25:31

The coincidences are getting bigger! Not a bad day here today at the moment, hope you are all doing ok xx

likesnowflakesinanocean Thu 25-Apr-13 13:04:55

I'm Sooo hungry, surrounded by soft food but i just want something real! wish mum could of seen me finally get my op hope she would be proud, missing her as always but am doing better feel a lot less angry

Manz39 Thu 25-Apr-13 13:41:40

Hello everyone,
T875 - good luck for your new job. That's amazing that you spoke to the same lady!
Hope everyone is having a good day. Bit wobbly for me - went into town this morning and for some reason, just remembered something silly that happened with my mum once when I lost my parking ticket, and just started blubbing in the middle of town! I managed to get myself under control and carry on but I wonder if this will ever stop happening as I thought I was getting "better".

likesnowflakesinanocean Thu 25-Apr-13 14:04:54

I still do this manz when I see red cabbage mostly. its shit and drags you back to hell hope your okay xxx

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 14:29:20

Keep your chin up everyone. We are all bound to get these little blips. But they will get less and less as time goes on. Xx

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 14:37:01

How did job go t875 hope you enjoyed it

Manz39 Thu 25-Apr-13 14:39:36

Thanks guys, it's good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this. xx

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 14:46:47

Manz my sister says spiritualist only 20 mins from where she lives !

ssd Thu 25-Apr-13 17:42:13

oh I hope you all get to see the spiritualist and get a message from her, let us know about it here!
hope the job went well t875

sorry I've not been on here too much recently, been a bit "in" myself lately

hope you are all doing as well as possible xx

t875 Thu 25-Apr-13 18:47:13

ssd always here for you if you need a chat hun.

Hope your days picked up after the tough times guys, very hard some days i still get them days trust me, but they do get a little easier, but i know about memories kicking in and they can rock. Sending you all a hug {{{}}}

My job was ok, daunting and a lot to take in and very far from us but Im going to stick to it for a month I think as we need the money!

Thanks for the good luck! Oh and said to my mum give me a feather mum when i get there to let me know you are with me, had nothing all day (i kept an eye) waited outside to be picked up and a white feather blew in on the breeze right in front of me! Who knows eh but it gave me a comfort to think she possibly is with me smile xx

Kafri Thu 25-Apr-13 19:22:34

ssd or anyone for that matter,
with the spiritualist, how does it work with the email/telephone consultation. I'm in the north west so it would have to be telephone or email if I use the lady you recommend.

I guess I don't really know how I feel about it. I certainly don't disbelieve in it all. I don't really disbelieve in anything faith wise - I like to be open to a bit of everything as it were...

I suppose, essentially it kind of boils down to the fact that i'm in maternity leave at the minute so I can't really justify spending money on a reading if it's all going to be a waste.

BiscuitsandBaileys Thu 25-Apr-13 21:08:38

t875 How funny that you've spoken to the psychic that manz has recommended! Glad your first day went ok, and your mum sent you a sign that she was there for you smile

manz sorry that you had a little wobble in town today. I sobbed in Asda last year on Mothers day! I started to feel a bit teary and then I couldn't stop, I got lots of funny looks but these things happen.

kafri I'm the same as you, I have never really been sure whether to believe in spiritualists, but now I'm becoming more open to the idea. I think if it brings some comfort feeling that your loved one is still close then that can only be a good thing.

Hi to everyone else, mummylin, ssd and snowflake xx

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 21:36:36

biscuits even more strange is the fact that t875 used to live in the same place my sister lives now !! We were all destined to meet up on this thread !

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 21:39:24

And my sister also lived where the lady that t875 spoke to is! It's all very odd .

BiscuitsandBaileys Thu 25-Apr-13 21:44:35

Wow! We certainly were destined to meet up smile

likesnowflakesinanocean Thu 25-Apr-13 21:49:47

am still here , face hurts slightly less now and got to have mash and spaghetti hoops for teagrin . I am miles away but I like the idea of a meet up. shall raise my coffee cup in your directions

mummylin Thu 25-Apr-13 22:04:03

I am also a long way from where they are snowflakes, but we are finding common ground ! Sorry you have to have soft food again today, but glad it's all done. Some other poor buggers turn today !

mummylin Sat 27-Apr-13 13:16:02

Thinking of everyone today. I hope you are all having the sunshine we have got here. I have a day of doing nothing much as dh has gone to watch our town play football somewhere up by Liverpool. They left here at 7.30 am ! Won't be back until midnight. But I am going out for dinner tonight with one of my brothers so that will be nice( no cooking ) thanks for you all x

t875 Sat 27-Apr-13 14:00:44

Hi mummylin. Enjoy your time for yourself!! We have sunshine too although a bit breezy today!! Enjoy your dinner tonight. smile

Thanks for good wishes for job, yeah really good. Nice people and I love reception and admin assistant keeps me busy. So really enjoying it so far..

Hope everyone is going along ok!! Xx

ssd Sat 27-Apr-13 14:32:09

sunshine here too, makes a difference

life goes on doesnt it, even when you dont notice it, daffodils come up and the birds build their nests, lambs are born

guess its the circle of life, quite reassuring somehow

mummylin Sat 27-Apr-13 14:53:25

It is ssd we are just. Little link in a family circle. For now our links have been broken , but one day there will be a whole chain again. We have to hold on to that thought xx

ssd Sat 27-Apr-13 22:22:54

wow, that feels very powerful mummylin,and I do believe the circle will be whole again one day too xx

ssd Sat 27-Apr-13 22:28:11

do you know, I'd bloody love a meet up with you all, am way up in Scotland and never get anywhere, but I can only dream!!

mummylin Sun 28-Apr-13 08:47:00

Your not far away ssd just the other end of our computers ! Off to see our towns footi team parade Round on an open top bus today.after a terrible start to the season they have ended up being 2nd in the league and winning promotion. Of course dh and brothers over the moon where I can take it or leave it but will show willing ! Have a good day everyone x

likesnowflakesinanocean Sun 28-Apr-13 12:39:44

good afternoon ladies (and any gents who may be spying on us smile how are you all today? feeling much better today and alot less sorry for myself. I miss mum very much, she would of been here and kept me company but i know if its at all possible wherever she is she would be watching over. I am trying to find woodland flowers to plant at the grave as it doesnt look good at the minute i want it to be beautiful just like she deserves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now