Remembering my Best Friend today

(10 Posts)
mummy1986 Sun 18-Nov-12 08:01:23

My best friend stephen, died 6 years ago today at 08.21 in a rta.
He was the most wonderful person and i loved him with all my being.
I cant talkk to anyone in RL really, so thought i would post here to air my feelings.

Love you Stephen, Always xxx

tribpot Sun 18-Nov-12 08:08:43

So very for your loss, and for Stephen's family.

LottieJenkins Sun 18-Nov-12 08:09:24

(((hugs))) mummy I will remember Stephen when i go to church tonight. I lost a very good in a car accident twenty years ago in August. I read it in a newspaper as i was on holiday. I couldnt attend the funeral due to it being a long way but remembered him in the church where i was living at the time.

mummy1986 Sun 18-Nov-12 08:16:27

Thank you, i know its no where near the same as losing a parent/child/sibling but 6 years on, he is still my best friend, i still love him and it still hurts as much as the day i got the call to say he had died.
Everyone told me to get a grip, it wasnt like he was my brother etc, i'll get over it, but i dont think i ever will.

I so wanted him to meet my children, and my (now) partner and see me get married.

This is the text message i got the night before he got killed i have it stored on my computer, we (me and exp)
went to his new house he had moved into 2 weeks previous with his gf of 3 yrs
"Thank u 4 the presents, they were very lovely. 'Gf' loved the wedding fund money box..dont give her ideas! Also thanks for a brilliant night, u r the bestest friend i could ever ask for and u will always be my no1 girl. i cant w8 to c u walk down that aisle and i will be the proudest man bcause u are so special to me. i love u very much and me and gf will see you sunday'

He died the next morning sad

mummy1986 Sun 18-Nov-12 08:20:19

it was very rare of him to be so soppy and sentimental.
i read the message every few days to remind me how awesome he was.

Everlong Sun 18-Nov-12 09:05:29

Oh mummy that text made me cry.
I'm so sorry. Stephen sounds like a really lovely friend. To me my friends are like family, they mean so much and Stephens loss is just as hurtful and meaningful if he'd been your brother because you loved and still love him so much.

Wishing you a peaceful day (((hug)))

mummy1986 Sun 18-Nov-12 09:09:18

he was just awesome. there are no other words.
I wanted to send his parents something, just a little card at xmas, as they do know me but for obvious reasons havent seen me for a while.
Do you think they would be upset/offended?

Everlong Sun 18-Nov-12 09:19:49

mummy I think a card would be lovely. His parents will always be grieving for their son, it's with them everyday so don't worry that a card from you will trigger anything. I'm positive that they would be thrilled that you remembered them.

mummy1986 Sun 18-Nov-12 09:26:01

I just want them to know that i still remember him all the time and he is still and always will be my best friend and that i hope that they and his 2 sisters are ok
I know i would be touched if my dd friend done this for me

tribpot Sun 18-Nov-12 10:05:12

I think a card would be lovely. They may feel that others have moved on and perhaps don't grieve as they do any more - so to know that you are going through something like them would surely be a comfort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now