Remembering my son Oliver.

(109 Posts)
Everlong Tue 06-Nov-12 14:22:05

Four years today.

I don't know whether it's flown or not.

My lovely, kind, beautiful, funny boy. Who will always be 20 years old.

I don't think the date will ever pass easily. It's like you are transported right back. Horrible.

Always loved.

expatinscotland Wed 07-Nov-12 23:33:45

Thinking of you, Everlong.

Today is 4 months since Aillidh died. Forever 9.

Much love to you.

Everlong Thu 08-Nov-12 11:10:44

Thank you expat

4 months. Those early months are beyond hard aren't they? There is nothing that anyone can do to help you. Even your best and loveliest friends. Just know that we are all here for you and holding you up the best we can.

expatinscotland Thu 08-Nov-12 12:13:02

How are you today, Everlong?

YY, transported back. It's like a friend of mine, whose 2.5 year old daughter died suddenly a few years ago said, 'You're dodging along, then something happens, could be totally random, and you realise that underneath, nothing has changed.'

Everlong Thu 08-Nov-12 12:17:55

I'm ok thank you. I cry in the car a lot. Not good when you can't see! I'm very good at saying I'm fine.

Yep your friend is right, it's always there. Just underneath the surface or your smile. But that's the way it has to be because that's how we never let them go.

janey68 Sat 10-Nov-12 08:20:28

I don't know what to say except that everlong, expat and others who are walking this path- I think of you all often.

Everlong Sat 10-Nov-12 16:55:13

That's kind janey

notusualsuspect Sat 10-Nov-12 16:58:35

(hugs)

Much love Everlong x

Everlong Sat 10-Nov-12 17:00:40

Thank you.

Is that you usual?

I'm well confused grin

notusualsuspect Sat 10-Nov-12 17:21:34

Yeah, tis me usual grin

Everlong Sat 10-Nov-12 17:23:08

Right well that's good.

Don't be changing again. I can't bloody keep up! grin

My beautiful friend, just remember that tears are liquid love. No wonder they sneak out when you least expect it. Your live for Oliver is all-enduring and endless. X

Your love, not your live!! Sorry.

I have only just seen this thread Everlong - so massive apologises for missing it.

4 years? My word - I bet that sometimes it feels like a 100 and sometimes like it just happened.

I have no 'right' words - not even sure they exist.....just sending my love to you and your family xxxxx

Everlong Tue 13-Nov-12 14:15:33

Thank you miasmummy for always saying the right words.

It's ok shabs tbh I wrote this post not expecting a reply. I just wanted somewhere to remember him. But thank you for thinking of us xx

I think I saw a robin last night, and right now, I can heard a beautiful bird song. Maybe it's Mia's blackbird? In any case, we have a lovely new bird table in view of the kitchen so our children's birds have something to eat in the winter months - will let you know if Oliver's robin makes an appearance. x

Everlong Fri 16-Nov-12 13:35:02

smile lovely!

I know the robins song now very well, it's quite a short sharp sound. Whenever I hear it I always say ' hello ' like a loon grin

Everlong Mon 19-Nov-12 09:17:36

It's Oliver's birthday today. 25 years old.
My first beautiful son born at 18.18hrs 8lb 1oz.
A wonderful son with a heart of gold, kind and loving with a terrible temper sometimes!
Sleep peacefully darling.

Happy birthday xxx

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 19-Nov-12 09:24:19

Happy birthday Oliver.

Much love to you all Everlong x

I feel I should have words of comfort, but it's just shit and unfair isn't it? I wish I could be more eloquent, but sometimes there are no words.

janey68 Mon 19-Nov-12 09:30:58

Happy birthday to your beautiful firstborn everlong

Happy Birthday Oliver. Thinking about you today Everlong, as always xxx

expatinscotland Mon 19-Nov-12 09:40:20

Happy Birthday, Oliver!

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 19-Nov-12 09:59:46

Happy birthday Oliver xx

Much love to you everlong, I'm shit with words but I'm pretty good at (((hugs))). They're pointless I know but I just don't know what else to do.

He should be with you xx

Birthday wishes to Oliver and his gorgeous mother. Just wish he was celebrating with you today. Hope you can embrace the joy and love of him that you felt from the moment he entered your world.

I shall watch for his robin today. Xx

Everlong Mon 19-Nov-12 10:33:02

Thank you all, you lovely women.

I hate Novemeber. Count the days till it's over.

shabs I've just done aerobics and guess what came on! Pump up the jam smile had to smile to myself and think of our boys rocking out in heaven. I hope so.

Everlong Mon 19-Nov-12 10:34:12

Hey and all your words and hugs are wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now