How long is an C of E funeral?

(6 Posts)
ILoveAFullFridge Fri 02-Nov-12 08:19:42

It starts at 1.15, church service followed by reception.

EdithWeston Fri 02-Nov-12 08:24:26

Church service can be brief (20minutes?) but a lot depends on choice of hymns, prayers and readings, any if which can extend it greatly, as can lengthy or numerous addresses and tributes. Is there to be an interment at the church, or will there be a crematorium service too?

MarjorieAntrobus Fri 02-Nov-12 08:25:11

I think service would be over soon after 2. Reception is optional and might last all afternoon and evening.

Are you trying to get back to work after it, or organise childcare, or a lift home??

whatdidyousayyournamewas Fri 02-Nov-12 08:26:00

Hope you are ok fridge. My not very helpful answer is that it depends - but I would have thought you should allow to 2.15 for the service - may be shorter, may even be slightly longer - up to an hour and a half. As for the reception, it may go on for the rest of the afternoon, but with people leaving as and when - or it may end fairly early if the family are going on to the crematorium alone later for a burial/committal. Sorry, this is not very specific! - but I think it does vary a lot. You could phone the funeral directors to ask if they have more details?

ILoveAFullFridge Fri 02-Nov-12 11:05:20

I wasn't sure about school pickup, but from what you say it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks.

MarjorieAntrobus Fri 02-Nov-12 14:00:27

You've probably been there and done it by now, but slipping out before the end is a possibility too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now