My best froend died last week...

(5 Posts)
inneedofsanity Wed 17-Oct-12 18:52:52

And it really really hurts. Her husband and older son are devastated, and the baby doesnt understand, obviously.

I had forgotten how physically painful grief is. I just want to cry and rant at everyone and everything.

The worst thing is that it looks like mistakes were made and she should not have died. She was a wonderful person and everyone is devastated.

Just wanted some support really. I know i cant fix it but it hurts so much. I want to help her family in practical ways too.Can anyone help me please?x

Everlong Wed 17-Oct-12 19:01:39

I'm so sorry sad

You're right grief hurts, physically and emotionally. You have to take care of yourself as much as you won't feel like it.

Do you have some support?

As for helping her family, you can go by their lead. Let them know that you are there for anything they need, you could offer to take the children or make them some meals.

But the poor dh will be in total shock and won't know what help he needs. Just be there.

So sad for everyone.

recall Wed 17-Oct-12 19:06:59

ineedofsanity That is so very sad, and I don't know what to do or say sad If I were with you now I would give you a bear hug and a glass of wine, it is so unfair. Could you just try and give the children a bit of normality, and their Dad a break ? Is there any activity that you all used to do together that you can do with the children ? Could you go round to the Dad in the evening and talk ??? Its bloody awful when Mothers die, so unfair....don't know what to do ....or say ....

nkf Wed 17-Oct-12 19:09:15

Poor you. It must be hell. I read your post and any post will be inadequate. I am so sorry.

Scootergrrrl Wed 17-Oct-12 19:09:35

Do you want to tell us about her and all the lovely things that made her your best friend? So very sad for you and her family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now