Anyone recommend any books on stillbirth / late miscarriage?

(4 Posts)
Chez12 Fri 04-Jan-13 00:22:38

I'm reading an amazing book called ' empty cradle broken heart' i have read several bereavement books after I lost my son and this by far is the best. Hope it helps x

combinearvester Wed 10-Oct-12 14:04:25

Yes that's exactly the sort of thing, thanks for all the suggestions and well done writing a book although obviously it's a book you never wanted to have to write x

FinleysFootprints Tue 09-Oct-12 23:29:31

Hi, I am not sure if it is what you are looking for, but my book After Finley is available from http://www.lulu.com/shop/mel-scott/after-finley/paperback/product-15971666.html and the Amazon kindle store.

It is my journal from early in my loss, but it shares lots of the ways I helped myself feel better.

I also really liked http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Touches-Mothers-Stillbirth-Healing/dp/0939165503

Ben Wakeling is publishing a book through sands in the new year about subsequent pregnancy.

combinearvester Tue 09-Oct-12 13:39:11

I always meant to read that SANDS 'when a baby dies' book but never really did, had subsequent child, things moved on a bit.

Am now struggling with some issues about the loss (e.g. think about it repetitively when I come across someone at same stage of pregnancy, think about it I would say too much when alone in an evening).

I wondered if a book might help but the one I mentioned above seems to be more for parents who have just lost a baby, or there are books for people who are in a subsequent pregnancy.

Does anyone know of any more general books - I am not looking for medical explanations for example, more ways of dealing with things later on, or stories from people who are at a similar stage to me, a few years down the line.

Thanks in advance, hope this hasn't upset anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now