Cot Death

(145 Posts)
My5boysandme Sun 07-Oct-12 21:23:06

On the 24th of September my ds5 died of cot death. He was only 13 weeks and 4 days. His funeral was last Wednesday. My arms ache to hold him, everywhere I look his things are there. I miss him so much.

I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can't find the right words but you are in my thoughts x

OrangeLily Tue 16-Oct-12 22:56:58

I'm so sorry about Dexter

Likeaheadlesschicken Tue 16-Oct-12 22:55:58

Thinking of you and your family x

EricNorthmansFangBanger Mon 15-Oct-12 21:00:38

I'm so so sorry to hear about this about your little boy Dexter sad thanks

So sorry to read this about Dexter my heart goes out to you and the rest of your family

emblosion Mon 15-Oct-12 15:49:21

So very very sorry for your loss sad x

Pumpster Sun 14-Oct-12 19:21:28

So sorry for your loss sad x

kilmuir Sun 14-Oct-12 19:14:00

Can't imagine how you must be feeling. Gorgeous Dexter.x

OstrichSizedShrunkenHeads Sat 13-Oct-12 11:12:07

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your boys.

I am so sorry for your loss, I have shed a tear tonight for your Dexter.
I too was on the "Due in July" thread, but sadly had an MMC at 12 weeks, so feel doubley sad that one of the July Mummies has had to suffer this pain.
Thinking of you and your family.

gwenniebee Fri 12-Oct-12 22:17:18

Didn't want to "read and run". I can't imagine what you are going through. I pray you will find some comfort from your other lovely sons and your happy memories. Dexter sounds blessed to have had such a large and loving family.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 12-Oct-12 20:04:23

I am so very sorry, my heart aches at the thought of your pain.

You, your family and Dexter are in my thoughts.

I am so, so sorry, for you and for other parents going through such awful pain.

Thinking about you, sending you hugs xxx

mamasin Thu 11-Oct-12 21:37:24

So very sorry to hear of Dexter's passing.

spiderlight Thu 11-Oct-12 19:50:46

So very sorry sad

MOSagain Thu 11-Oct-12 17:11:30

so very sorry for your loss. Dexter is a lovely name x

expatinscotland Thu 11-Oct-12 15:27:16

I've only just seen this. So sorry for your loss, My5boys. The missing them, it never stops! There's just nothing that ever makes it go away. We go visit our daughter's burial lair (she died of cancer, age 9) and there are so many graves of babies who died of cot death, neonatal death, 'died in infancy' and 'born asleep' or 'born still'. It's heartbreaking.

Much love to you!

Please join us in bereavement, always here to support you.xx

HappyTurquoise Thu 11-Oct-12 15:24:18

Love to you and all your family, My5boysandme.

JugglingWithPossibilities Thu 11-Oct-12 15:07:05

I'm so very sorry My5. Thinking of you x

SucksFake Thu 11-Oct-12 14:43:34

Just wanted to add my voice to all the others and say how sorry I am for your loss.

Dexter looks just gorgeous in the picture on your profile.

Thinking of you, and of all the other mums on this thread who have lost children xx

Babyh200 Thu 11-Oct-12 10:59:21

My5: Just wanted to say how sorry I am. My baby son Adam was born asleep on 4/7/2012, just 5 days before my planned section....the thought of life marching on when my world had stopped was horrendous. I know how helpless you must feel and the 'what ifs' and 'whys' especially the 'why my baby?'
I also have 2 older children and my DD will be 9 in November. She falls asleep holding his picture most nights and its opened up the whole death thing that we want to protect our children from, It truly broke my heart seeing the sad look in her eyes because she had realised the reality of it all.

Include your beautiful boy in everyday life if your strong enough to do that...I realised that my DD was worried for herself and that she could die too so the last thing they need is to think that if something happened to them they would never be mentioned/talked about again IFYKWIM.

Its a long road and there are lots of lovely ladies on here (I joined the Rainbow babies thread) and somehow they have pulled me through these early dark days.

Thinking of you and all your sons especially Dexter xxxxxxxx

NeDeLaMer Thu 11-Oct-12 10:10:36

Just sending more hugs, more strength & more love to all of you. There are some great charities who will help your boys through this - it really can make a big difference to their grief & how they handle it.

dawnpreview Thu 11-Oct-12 07:17:11

So very sorry for your loss.
Thinking of you and your family x

buzzgirly Thu 11-Oct-12 06:40:50

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Dexter, he is absolutely gorgeous. I will be thinking of you and your family xx

BellaVita Wed 10-Oct-12 22:02:02

I am so sorry sad xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now