Our fantastic DD3 has lost her battle.

(232 Posts)
3girlies Sat 28-Jul-12 12:01:30

Our beautiful and brave DD3 lost her battle against a brain tumour on 2nd July.She was 6 years old. The end came very quickly, just 2 wks after we were told it had spread, though she had been ill for a few weeks, we were hoping it was just the chemo hitting her hard. So devastated, I am weeping all the time it seems, how can you help the other children cope when you can't do it yourself?
I am glad she died at home in our bed with me, my worst nightmare would have been a long slow decline in Birmingham Children's hospital, I am trying to comfort myself with this one thing. The grief seems unbearable otherwise.

chipmonkey Sat 28-Jul-12 12:29:47

I am so very sorry for your loss 3girlies. She sounds like a wonderful little girl. xx

grumpykat Sat 28-Jul-12 12:32:07

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Flora. x

TanteRogge Sat 28-Jul-12 12:37:26

I am so sorry x

Cockpark Sat 28-Jul-12 12:37:26

You poor poor family, what an awful situation, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please hug your 2 DDs from me.

landofsoapandglory Sat 28-Jul-12 12:38:01

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter.xxx

Rest in peace, Floraxxxx

ISpyJumpHigh Sat 28-Jul-12 12:46:48

So sorry for your loss xx

sassytheFIRST Sat 28-Jul-12 12:48:20

I am so sorry that your lovely Flora has gone. X

I'm so sorry for your loss x

BonzoDooDah Sat 28-Jul-12 12:51:06

What a wonderful girl to have had in your life and enrich you all. And how terribly sad she has gone. So, so sorry for you and all your family. xxxx

LemonEmmaPippedAtThePost Sat 28-Jul-12 12:55:13

So very sorry to hear this. Flora sounds like a lovely girl.xx

Conflugenglugen Sat 28-Jul-12 13:00:06

(((((((3girlies)))))))

I am sorry. A big hug for you all.

toomuch2young Sat 28-Jul-12 13:00:06

I am so truly sorry. How awful for you and your family. She sounds a very special little girl xx

pixiestix Sat 28-Jul-12 13:01:14

I'm so sorry for your loss. Flora sounds beautiful.

Showmethemhappyfeet Sat 28-Jul-12 13:22:00

Im so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Flora. sad

MedusaWildwood Sat 28-Jul-12 13:25:57

Oh how dreadful, I am truly sorry for you and your family.

Flora sounds like a little treasure.

storytopper Sat 28-Jul-12 13:28:08

So sorry to hear this - she sounds magical and beautiful. My thoughts are with you and your family.

My sincere condolences, 3girlies, so sorry for you loss.

I hope your Flora has found peace and that you might in time.
Thinking of you and your family xx

So sorry! sad big hugs! x

MedusaWildwood Sat 28-Jul-12 13:32:17

It is frightening how many children and families are affected by paediatric brain tumours and how little funding research has.

3girlies , there is a new charity set up called The Katy Holmes trust by a family who lost their precious girl in January after a 3 month battle, not suggesting anyone can help but sometime to someone who's been there makes you feel not so alone. On fb too as Please Help Katy Holmes.

Much love and hugs xxxxxxx

FriskyMarkCavendish Sat 28-Jul-12 13:34:42

Thinking of you. xxx

OpheliaBumps Sat 28-Jul-12 13:37:38

I'm so sorry, I lost my (adult) sister to a brain tumour, it's so so cruel. Thinking of you x

BlueGuinefort Sat 28-Jul-12 13:37:59

Oh, 3girlies , I am so very sorry to hear about your gorgeous girl sad

I hope you don't mind me saying so, but the thought of her being in your arms as she passed is beautiful.

One day at a time is all you can do. Wishing you and your family strength.

sunshineandshowers Sat 28-Jul-12 13:38:19

From one Mummy to another, my arm is round your shoulder giving you strength and love. We are all with you x

3girlies Sat 28-Jul-12 14:31:39

Thanks so much to you all. Flora had a very aggressive tumour, a glioblastoma, quite rare in children apparently. She died one year to the day that we went into BCH. We knew the prognosis was not good but thought we would have a bit more time than we had. So sad that she went so quickly.

Noqontrol Sat 28-Jul-12 14:35:16

Im so so sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now