In memory of our lovely Aillidh

(1440 Posts)
expatinscotland Sun 08-Jul-12 11:56:58

At 11.25 last night, our beautiful, 9-year-old daughter died of complications from treatment for acute myeloid leukaemia, she went into respiratory failure after contracting human metapneumo virus following conditioning chemotherapy for stem cell transplant.

For many days, she lingered on a ventilator. But last night, she developed a pneumothorax and rapidly deteriorated.

She died within seconds of the ventilator being taken off.

I can't believe she's gone, or how broken her long body looked.

chrisrobin Sun 08-Jul-12 12:10:54

So very sorry, Expat. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Four4me Sun 08-Jul-12 12:10:57

Expat, I am so sorry for your loss, you are all in my thoughts. Aillidh has been an extremely lucky girl to have such a brave mummy. Xxxxxx

thesoo Sun 08-Jul-12 12:11:45

I am so so sorry expat Much love to you and your family during this heartbreaking time xxx

So sorry Expat and family xx

Expat I am so so sorry for your loss. I have no words to explain how I feel that wouldn't sound trite. As someone else said thousands of us on here have been touched by ailidh's life and her incredible bravery, and I've been humbled by your love for her and faith in god.

SecretNutellaFix Sun 08-Jul-12 12:12:41

God bless you. You have been fighting for her for so long. You have all been so strong.
Peace be with you all, along with love and strength to cope with the coming dark days.

xx

TunipTheVegemal Sun 08-Jul-12 12:12:53

I'm so sorry Expat. All my love.

Expat there are no words to say how sorry we all are. I hope you take a tiny bit of comfort in how widespread the love for your beautiful daughter obviously is and how she has touched so many. I am sure that you must feel absolutely broken inside. I know you must be very very proud of the fight she gave. With love to you and your family at a horrible horrible time. Xx

LemonBreeland Sun 08-Jul-12 12:13:09

Expat there are no words for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs to your little DC. xxx

NarkedRaspberry Sun 08-Jul-12 12:13:59

hugs ]

I'm so sorry.

Frontpaw Sun 08-Jul-12 12:14:04

I am so so sorry. That bastard disease took my father too.

Phacelia Sun 08-Jul-12 12:14:29

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is just devastating. She looks like she was the most gorgeous girl, and so very, very loved.

I hope you have been even a little aware of how very much you have all been in the thoughts of thousands of people for the last few days.

Thinking of you at this impossible time.

songbird85 Sun 08-Jul-12 12:15:57

expat, we have never 'spoken' on mn but I have followed Aillidh's story, especially of late. I do not have the words to express how sad I am for your loss, nor can I imagine the pain you and Mr Expat and Aillidhs siblings must be feeling right now. I doubt this will be enough, or even matter right now, but I am keeping you all in my thoughts and sending the gentlest of hugs.

"They do not die, they live in the hearts of those they leave behind"

x

JustFabulous Sun 08-Jul-12 12:16:03

I am so sorry Expat. Your DD was beautiful and she has inspired all of us.

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Sun 08-Jul-12 12:16:13

So sorry that Aillidh had died, Expat. I am thinking of you and your family.

So much love for you from everyone here.

1973magpie Sun 08-Jul-12 12:16:25

Expat, I'm so so sorry to hear about the devastating loss of your beautiful brave little girl, my love and thoughts are with you and your family at this awful time xxx

PorkyandBess Sun 08-Jul-12 12:16:59

Life is very cruel.

So sorry and sad for you.

DizzyCow63 Sun 08-Jul-12 12:17:06

I am so so sorry expat. My darling little cousin died from complications from leukaemia when he was two, he would have been eight on Friday. I have an image in my head of him and Aillidh playing together wherever they are. Take care of Aillidh MJ.

You and your family are very much in my thoughts, you have shown such strength. sad

RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock Sun 08-Jul-12 12:17:16

Aillidh will never be forgotten and nor will your strength and bravery. I think we all wish we could hug you right now. X

whimsy Sun 08-Jul-12 12:17:43

I am so very sorry expat. You are all in our thoughts and prayers today, as always. Aillidh was such a brave and beautiful girl. Rest in peace Aillidh xx

Marjoriew Sun 08-Jul-12 12:18:06

Sorry for the loss of your little one, Expat. X

doggiemumma Sun 08-Jul-12 12:18:55

So very very sorry expat - you have been kind to me on here in the past, i am so sorry to read that this has happened sad

CrunchyFrog Sun 08-Jul-12 12:19:27

Very sorry for your loss x

bananaistheanswer Sun 08-Jul-12 12:19:34

So so sorry for your loss, life can be so cruel and nothing could be harder than what you and your family are going through. I have no words, thinking of you and your family.

Shirazyum Sun 08-Jul-12 12:20:30

Your beautiful daughter was blessed with love from many sources, that love continues. May it light your way in the darkness before you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now