In memory of our lovely Aillidh

(1440 Posts)
expatinscotland Sun 08-Jul-12 11:56:58

At 11.25 last night, our beautiful, 9-year-old daughter died of complications from treatment for acute myeloid leukaemia, she went into respiratory failure after contracting human metapneumo virus following conditioning chemotherapy for stem cell transplant.

For many days, she lingered on a ventilator. But last night, she developed a pneumothorax and rapidly deteriorated.

She died within seconds of the ventilator being taken off.

I can't believe she's gone, or how broken her long body looked.

I'm so sorry, expat- wishing you continued strength

BellaVita Sun 08-Jul-12 12:05:32

expat, I am truly sorry sad

Thinking of you all xxxx

BillComptonstrousers Sun 08-Jul-12 12:05:43

All my family are so sorry for your loss Expat. Both of my girls are going to ask for a prayer to be said in School tomorrow for you and your family.

Sleep tight little one x

EnjoyResponsibly Sun 08-Jul-12 12:05:49

If it should seem in the coming months that life is going on for others, whilst yours is dark and sad, please know that many, may people have read your daughters story and will carry her name in our hearts. God bless you and your family xxx

whattodoo Sun 08-Jul-12 12:06:01

Aillidh has touched so many lives, she will always be remembered.
I am very sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and all who love Aillidh x

picnicbasketcase Sun 08-Jul-12 12:06:16

So very sorry expat. I hope you and your family can find peace and strength.
sad

jetstar Sun 08-Jul-12 12:06:35

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.
Lots of love xxxx

Im saddened and sorry for the death of your beautiful girl.
Hugs to you and your family at such an awful time, no mother should have to endure losing their child.
Your daughter was very brave, her courage is an inspiration to us all.
The only comfort is that she will be free from pain and flying amongst the angels.
God only takes the best sad (((((hugs))))

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 08-Jul-12 12:06:53

My heart goes out to you expat, and your family and friends.

Angelyaz Sun 08-Jul-12 12:06:54

You are in my thoughts and prayers x

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 08-Jul-12 12:07:53

I am so sorry Expat, my thoughts are with you and your family over these coming days, weeks and long into the future. May Aillidh rest in peace.

Cashncarry Sun 08-Jul-12 12:08:05

Oh Expat <squeeze. I don't post much on MN anymore but I have been following Aillidh's illness in the last few days and praying for a miracle for that wonderful brave girl of yours. I'm so sorry she's gone and I wish you and your family all the strength you need on your long journey ahead. Know that you and Aillidh are loved by people who've never met you but who, like me, have been inspired your kick arse attitude and Aillidh's courage.

My tears are futile but I'll cry them for you anyway and hold your little girl in my mind picturing her in heaven with her beautiful long body restored and her shining soul at peace x

MaureenMLove Sun 08-Jul-12 12:08:41

Lots of love and strength to you and your family Expat. Your story has certainly brought an awful lot of people together this past few weeks. You are not alone in your grief.

Much love.
Mo. x

Halfling Sun 08-Jul-12 12:08:42

I am so sorry for your loss expat. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Aillidh.

ohforfoxsake Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:01

Aillidh has touched so many hearts.

There are no words.

Thinking of you xxx

ElmoFan Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:05

I am so so sorry for your loss sad You are all in our prayers (((hugs)))

annalovesmrbates Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:24

So so sorry for your loss. Your precious girl was so special and touched so many lives.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

annalovesmrbates Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:24

So so sorry for your loss. Your precious girl was so special and touched so many lives.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

only4tonight Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:34

I am so sorry. Your daughter made such a difference in the world. She brought people together, gave them faith and made them join the Anthony Nolan register. She has saved the lives of others and I am so so sorry it had to cost her hers. My thoughts are with you, your family and your friends x

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:38

I'm so sorry. Thinking of you all.

LadyofWinterfell Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:47

I'm so sorry expat, you're in my prayers.

bebejones Sun 08-Jul-12 12:09:59

Just so sorry for your devastating loss. I have no words to offer any comfort but I am sending love, hugs and prayers for you all xxx

Rollersara Sun 08-Jul-12 12:10:03

So sorry, thinking of you all sad

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Sun 08-Jul-12 12:10:11

So very sorry Expat, I have been keeping up with Aillidh's progress. She tried so hard. Cannot imagine how you and your family are feeling.

She will be forever young.

{{{xXx}}

outtolunchagain Sun 08-Jul-12 12:10:19

God bless you expat and family ,no one could have done more for Ailidh than you did.In the roughly 9 years that I have been on mumsnet under various nn your strength and integrity as a mother and a person and has always shone through.Aillidh was so lucky to have you and you have Aillidh who was so obviously a miraculous and unique little girl.

I cannot presume to imagine the pain that as a family you are experiencing today but my prayers are with you all.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now