A love story : Living without my beautiful red-headed Mia

(996 Posts)

This love story began before Mia was born, intensified when she entered our lives, and it will continue to burn strongly forever. Mia is my red-headed flame, my sweet pea, my noisy sprite. Mia is joy, she is love, she is every good thing you can imagine. And I am so incredibly proud to be her mummy.

Yet she is gone. Mia died totally unexpectedly last October at the age of 13 months. Impossible, but true.

We miss Mia’s cuddles, her weight and her little legs curled around us, her face against our cheeks and her warm arms around our necks, the soothing pats on the back that she would give us as we in turn patted her. She was intimate, coming to us, arms raised, for a reassuring cuddle, but then with a smile, content she would wiggle free, independent and inquisitive about everything around her, exploring her world, looking in cupboards, peeking between the banisters as she climbed the stairs and just revelling in her existence.

I have tried to estimate how many times a day we kissed Mia. Picking her up, putting her down, dressing her, feeding her, washing her hands, just because… it must have been hundreds. Equally, we always made a point to tell Mia every day just how much we loved her. We know she listened.

I cannot begin to adequately describe the love that we have for our little girl. I can only ask you to imagine the most perfect feeling of love and warmth that you can, to double its intensity, and extend it to infinity and you are still not even close to the amount of love that we shared with Mia every second of the her 13 months.

This is her story, and mine, and my reality.

ohmeohmy Mon 03-Dec-12 21:25:22

What a beautiful gift. Congratulations and welcome Finn

dontmixthecolours Mon 03-Dec-12 21:31:06

Congratulations!

KnottyLocks Mon 03-Dec-12 21:36:52

Can't stop smiling grin

Bluebell99 Mon 03-Dec-12 21:37:50

I 'm so pleased to hear your news. Congratulations and welcome to baby Finn.

Oh congratulations, So happy for you all.
Xxxx

Julygal Mon 03-Dec-12 22:30:09

Wonderful news for you all. Congratulations, love and best wishes. xx

threepiecesuite Mon 03-Dec-12 22:48:45

Fantastic stuff. Got a little shiver upon reading your announcement.
Love and light to you all and many, many congratulations.
What a joyful day xxx

fluffypillow Mon 03-Dec-12 23:47:18

A precious Daughter, now a precious Son. Congratulations to you all, so happy for you. Welcome to the world baby Finn smile

onedev Mon 03-Dec-12 23:51:13

Very many Congratulations - that's fantastic news & so pleased for you all.

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Mon 03-Dec-12 23:54:33

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Finn, what a beautiful gift from your darling girl.

annaban Tue 04-Dec-12 00:15:32

Welcome to the world baby Finn, one which is all the better because of your beautiful big sister, and your wonderful gracious parents.

AB

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Tue 04-Dec-12 00:17:13

I've seen a photo smile

Very very beautiful. Both Finn and his mummy.

saffronwblue Tue 04-Dec-12 09:16:30

Congratulations on your gorgeous boy. He has come into a family with so much love and one where his sister will always be a huge part.

Tamisara Tue 04-Dec-12 09:18:09

I am beyond ecstatic for you smile Crying tears of joy for you all xxxxx

AuldAlliance Tue 04-Dec-12 09:23:57

Longtime lurker... so happy to see your news.
A new life, a new story beginning, intertwined with the others.
Finn is very, very lucky to have such wonderful parents.

CinnabarRed Tue 04-Dec-12 09:24:39

Congratulations!

LadyGago Tue 04-Dec-12 11:52:24

What lovely news, and a lovely name for your son. Best wishes to you all! xx

TwinkleNose Tue 04-Dec-12 13:43:50

Mias - longtime lurker of your threads. I am absolutely over the moon at the safe arrival of Finn. Sitting in work with tears of joy dripping! Congratulations to you both and hope that Finn brings you much joy and laughter. I'm sure that Mia's presence is and will continue to be very strong around you all.
xxx

hatsybatsy Tue 04-Dec-12 14:06:12

huge congratulations on the birth of your son - may his path through life be a smooth one.

ISawSantaKissingThePortlyPinUp Tue 04-Dec-12 14:10:24

Congratulations to you and MrMia on the arrival of Finn xxx

TanteRose Tue 04-Dec-12 14:17:49

Many many congratulations to your whole family grin

What wonderful news!

And what a great name - Welcome Finn smile

Tamdin Tue 04-Dec-12 14:23:01

My heart swelled with joy just now at reading your wonderful news. Congratulations to you all and welcome little Finn. You have the most wonderful parents and a darling big sister xx

dietstartstmoz Tue 04-Dec-12 14:25:07

Wonderful news, huge congratulations to you both. I have been checking this thread for the last few days waiting for the news.

Oh Mias, MrMias and to the rest of the Mias family, I have tears of joy in my eyes for you! What a wonderful thing.

Welcome, little Finn. You have the most incredible, strong, loving mum and dad, and a beautiful sister who has enabled us to get to know you!

As Miasgrandad has said, a new book and a new chapter waiting to be written, one which will exist alongside Mia's own beautiful book.

So very many congratulations and much love to you all from Dubai. XXX

I've lurked on your thread over the months ... this is not the first time that your news and beautiful words have moved me to tears, I am delighted for you on the birth of your son.

Congratulations to you and MrMia. And your entire family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now