Delayed Speech in 2yr old: GP or HV???

(55 Posts)
ConnorTraceptive Mon 22-Feb-10 13:33:51

I'm fairly concerned about ds2's speech now and want to seek some advice. Who should be the first point of call GP or HV?

narmada Fri 23-Nov-12 21:01:12

Ohhhhhhh. Ooops.

jenduck Fri 23-Nov-12 21:18:07

Oops from me too blush.

Yes, he follows a point & will mostly look if I say look. Also notices things as keenly as anyone else eg today at the park a loud helicopter flew overhead, and he was looking like we all were. Just didn't point at it, but then neither did anybody else!

jenduck Fri 23-Nov-12 21:21:59

Meant to say also, he follows my finger to see what I am pointing at (this more within the last couple of months). he also drops everything & has a good nosy if anybody new comes into a room or he sees me looking at somebody else!

themammy73 Sat 24-Nov-12 16:44:42

Some of you might find the following website useful. It gives you rough guidelines to what to expect of speech and language abilities for children at different ages along with a progress checker:

www.talkingpoint.org.uk/en/Parent.aspx

I would highly recommend the book BabyTalk by Dr Sally Ward.

Very useful tool on looking at and developing children's speech, language and communication skills. Most library's have a copy as well as them selling second hand on amazon.

Also the ican website is a very good resource.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now