Amusing mispronunciations...

(340 Posts)
Picante Fri 25-Sep-09 11:02:04

Oh I know it's been done before but I wanted to share these ones from ds (3)...

I like boobies (blueberries).

Can we go and collect some fellas? (feathers).

Please share your own smile.

Lakota Thu 01-Oct-09 14:54:16

DS (age 2) Mummy, mummy, we're having a bargenu with burgles! (a barbeque with burgers)

At 3, he announced that he'd had his hair cut at the barbeque.

I have egg bolognaise in my sandwich.

The ferrari is racing the courgette (Corvette)

Are you wearing clip-clops Mummy? (flip-flops)

I think my favourite was the announcement that his foot had 'poodles and noodles'!

gorionine Thu 01-Oct-09 14:56:11

LOl @ poodles and noodles!

DS 2.6

Clouds are clowns
Sunny day is sunny dame

When he was about 18mo Grey socks were 'gay cocks'

Oh and my cousins DS 6yo calls boobs 'belly bunkers'

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Thu 01-Oct-09 15:11:19

Just remembered another ex mindee used to call bumble bees baked beans grin and for some reason butterflies were teapots, but could never work out her reasoning on that one?!

Eve4Walle Thu 01-Oct-09 15:17:12

DD used to say Sammidge instead of sandwich, which I always thought was cute.

gonepearshaped Thu 01-Oct-09 15:18:45

DS - sea girls for sea gulls - always makes me think of them in little frilly swimsuits.

Snugs and sails for slugs and snails.

Got to stop reading this, co-workers not impressed by (hastily muffled) sniggering grin.

First time we went to visit our new neighbours, having told ds1 that they had new kittens to play with. Neighbour opens the door, ds1 looks up and with a broad grin declares with much excitement,

"We've come to see your titties!"

geogteach Thu 01-Oct-09 15:23:35

DS is deaf and although his communication is good he has a habit of just making something up if he mishears so he likes orange juice from concrete (concentrate) and doesn't like flippy flappy chickens (profiteroles)hmm

MrsBadger Thu 01-Oct-09 15:47:15

dd is also working hard to reproduce the lyrics from her favourite in-car CDs

Abba is generally fine as their diction is pretty good, but the Killers are giving her some trouble: 'I've got soul, mummy, not a soldier...'

belcantwait Thu 01-Oct-09 15:48:34

dd isnt really a toddler- she has just started school. she has obv just started going to assembly and instead of 'jubilate' (sp???) she sings 'lovely latte' grin

Ruby01 Thu 01-Oct-09 15:53:51

My nephew could never say what about me if being left out of something - it was always weeebout me- we still say it and he is 9

zoxa Thu 01-Oct-09 15:55:27

DS1 used to say helitotcot for Helicopter,
Tonki Tanki ooo for Thomas the tank engine
(?Iknow).
He also used to say Mummy hippo, to mean Mummy help me, I tried not to take that personally....

DS2 used to call a biscuit a spicket and a basket a spacket, at nursery they would ask them to sit with their hands in a basket, so he said he sat with his hands in a spacket.

aaww so cute.

Caz1983 Thu 01-Oct-09 16:09:24

I work with 5 to 6 year olds and we sing 'Who built the ark? Noah, Noah!'. The children, however, sing 'Who built the ark? No-one, no-one!' It always makes me laugh! Also my 26 year old boyfriend still calls spaghetti 'pesghetti' and crisps 'keebers', as he did when he was little!

monkeybumsmum Thu 01-Oct-09 16:09:55

Friends DD - used to say 'bitch' when asked to say 'zip'. Her looking all sweet and innocent whilst saying 'Mummy bitch' was rather amusing...

PANCHEY Thu 01-Oct-09 16:18:10

DD1 (3.5) used to say "wah wah" for squirrel ,"cucumberber", "bamato".

She is currently saying "kiss kiss" for couscous.

Undercovamutha Thu 01-Oct-09 16:28:30

DD (3) still calls the radiator, a Raidy-later.

ForestHillFather Thu 01-Oct-09 16:30:05

pollypops for lollipops; how cute is that?

DD asks for a glass of melonade (lemonade) and tishtingers (fish fingers) followed by nice cream (ice cream) for dud (pud).

And the perennial favourite, very clearly and loudly when she drops something 'oh shit, damn and blast!' (now why is it she can't pronounce 9 out of ten words but anything I shouldn't say in front of her is repeated perfectly?) blush

SuperAmoo Thu 01-Oct-09 16:38:15

I love it when my DD1 asks me to put 'prats' in her hair!

KTNoo Thu 01-Oct-09 16:41:15

DS used to like brown flakes for his breakfast and forgetti for dinner, possibly followed by moustachio ice cream.

Then he would go into the garden to see if he could find any tikkabillas on the leaves.

He still likes to ride on DH's soldiers if we go for a long walk.

WMMC ds2 has the perfect pronounciation of those words too....

t'was not meant to happen! we walked in after a long day out and i switched the tv on realising I had missed start of footy turned to dp and said "oh shit the football" ds2 walked around for months hours after saying "shit ball" blush

cremolafoam Thu 01-Oct-09 16:59:12

No Sassing ( meaning no dancing) We still don't sass!
Patience Fruit (Passion fruit)

SuperAmoo Thu 01-Oct-09 16:59:42

Also my DD1 has inherited my wierd thing with calling pigeons penguins and vica versa. when I see a pigeon, I want to say 'pigeon' but my head's going 'penguin penguin, PENGUIN' and that's what comes out! And the opposite happens when I see a penguin!

PixieOnaLeaf Thu 01-Oct-09 17:21:06

My mother always says: "Tittyness" for tinitus!

My DD is 2.5, we have:

dodert for yoghurt
dodiges for sausages
and any kind of mat is a nap ie "changing nap"
she also asks me if I can "help you" instead of "help me"

So sweet, I really should write them down somewhere because my son had loads, but i don't remember them all now (he's 12!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now