Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Illogical reasons for tantrums in toddlers. Share with me please.

(253 Posts)
Spottyotter Sun 02-Aug-09 19:51:32

Out for a walk today. My ds threw an absolute wobbler because the flock of seagulls on the seafront had the sheer audacity to fly off when he chased them.

He then proceeded to fill the front of his sandals with sand, looked up at me as if I was responsible for this horrendous crime screaming at the top of his voice "Mummygetitout'! Mummygetitout!"

was not sure wether to piss myself with laughter or be embarrased.

BabiesNeedInstructions Sat 01-Dec-12 20:02:56

Ds1 had a meltdown last week because I wouldn't let him drive the car home from the shops. He's 2.

Today has been a hard day. I put some sauce on his fork for him at lunchtime. BIG mistake!

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sat 01-Dec-12 20:08:07

Tonight's major meltdown was because the radiator at the bottom of the stairs was on.

Ds didn't touch it, it doesn't affect him in any way. But he had to walk past it and it was on. How very dare it.

FamilyNapPlease Tue 08-Jan-13 10:13:34

So glad I found this thread it is amazing! Makes me feel so much better. We have had a mare with DS1 of 28 months lately. He has always been a moody wee grizzler probably cos of reflux, poor bairn, so much so that we thought he was actuallly getting easier at 2 years!

But this last week... OMG the crazy. Full on hysterical tantrums, kicking and flailing, hitting us and even himself. What could warrant such meltdowns?

I opened a door so we could go through it. How tactless!

'Watch Postman Pat!' 'Okay, which one would you like to watch?'' 'No don't like it Postman Pat! Don't like it! Argh!'

Being told he can't spit water at the TV.

When the glued-down flap on the back cover of his book won't turn quite as easily the other pages did.

Pulling out of the driveway in the car and going the wrong way down the street. 'Other corner! No! Argh!'

Not being allowed to eat salt from the packet with a spoon.

Holding an egg and letting it go, only to find that it breaks when it hits the floor. Just like last time!

Other kids in his sandpit. At nursery!

And we thought we were already tired...ha ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now