Anyone got a Kangaroo or Trikidoo or alternative way to transport kiddies...?

(64 Posts)
RinkyDinkyPinky Thu 21-May-09 13:50:17

I'm interested in either a kangaroo or trikidoo bike since I live in the flat lands of Cambridge...

Anyone any experience of them?

Sorry, didn't know where to post this but am confident that someone will be able to help...

Emica Fri 10-May-13 19:47:44

I don't live in Cambridge but am thinking of selling my Trio bike v2. I live in Bournemouth but would consider delivering to Cambridge because I have a friend there who has just bought a new house boat and I am dying to see it!

Like the post above, the bike originally came from Cambridge and the boaty friend tried it for me before I sent my husband to get it. Just before we got the Trio I had tried a Babboe and absolutely hated the steering so wanted her to check the Trio wasn't similar before we drove all the way to Cambridge to get it-like trying to drive a ship! It's not! The steering is very good. I had also tried a Nihola, a Zigo and a Bella Bike. I liked the Zigo and the Nihola but didn't like the back steering on the Bella which surprised me.

I am half and half about selling it because I love it but we could really do with the cash right now. My children also love it and the two year old shouts "look at me , look at me I'm flying like a bird" as we go down the very slight hill home from work/nursery. Anyone would think we were going uber fast-believe me we're not!

Flobordo Fri 05-Apr-13 17:40:45

Hello everyone, anyone in Cambridge selling a Bakfeats, nihola or kangaroo?
If so contact me!

leg Thu 21-Mar-13 15:40:50

Hi nt2013, have sent you a private message.

afussyphase Thu 21-Mar-13 11:45:31

I'm selling my old bakfiets short! I loved it (in London) - it's very stable, the girls were really comfortable, and the baby even slept in it. And it's really easy to ride, but not easy to get up hills. PM me if you're interested smile I'm in London but can get it to Kings Cross; it was in Cambridge originally! Or ring me 07527631713. 670£. I'll miss it though - so easy, no problem parking, no problem leaving the girls in it while arranging bags, buying fruit on the street, as the kickstand thing is so stable .. smile

nt2013 Wed 20-Mar-13 22:09:02

I have our 3 year old Trikidoo for sale - in Cambridge, if anyone is still looking to buy one?

mda201 Sat 15-Sep-12 10:07:49

Trikidoo now gone. Sorry

mda201 Thu 06-Sep-12 13:45:45

We have a Trikidoo for sale - excellent condition - blue, with uprated brakes.
£650 - in cambridge.

Ring Fiona on 01223 844888

confusedperson Fri 31-Aug-12 22:46:12

Hi is still anyone selling Trikidoo? I have decided to buy, if only I can find one for sale...!

CatieS Tue 10-Jul-12 16:59:18

I'm selling my as-new Bellabike for £1400, also on ebay - give me a ring if interested, I live in Norwich. 0 7 7 8 7 1 2 7 1 2 0. Thanks

anglodutch Sat 30-Jun-12 20:01:19

Hi
I'm selling my Trikadoo for £550- we are in Fulham, London, if anyone is interested in trying/buying it. 30 June 2012.
As I've just been led a merry dance by 2 different time wasters, please only call me if you are seriously interested . Many thanks!

ollieslot Thu 29-Mar-12 11:42:12

Hi I'm a mum of twins & found best way to tranpot by bike once they were able to sit & peddal themselves was the Pashley u plus 2. Its a trik style tag a long for two kids very stable & safe & the kids actively peddal making it easier than you doing it all yourself!!! They are quite rare & are no longer made but there is one for sale on ebay at the moment.

Chicinwellies Sun 11-Mar-12 16:50:10

We are in hilly, rural, and open to the elements Cornwall, and am super keen to buy something for me to taxi DD1 aged 41/2 and DD2 nearly 3. Advice please? My options to try are limited, nothing within 120 miles drive boo.

anglodutch Fri 16-Sep-11 11:54:58

Sarah,
If you still need answers about the Trikidoo I can probably help as I have had ours for nearly 3 years. Completely brilliant. We live in London and its used daily - got it when our kids were 18months and just 3, and now they are 4 and just 6, both tall for their ages and I can still pedal easily- infact I have been known to carry adults on the back too. The whole gearing system is balanced and weighed evenly so even when you have no passengers there is no difference in pedalling. I know Clare the designer now sells ones with a motor I've heard! So depending on the gradient of your hill that could be an option!

sarahandruby Sat 11-Jun-11 22:01:34

Anyone have any experience with a Trikidoo that could answer questions or better still have a second hand one for sale??
Wondering how it handles on hills, is it extremelly hard work or just like a bike etc. What is it made of and if there is a warrenty?
Many thanks Sarah

bellabike Thu 09-Jun-11 12:52:08

Hi All,

For anyone interested there is a secondhand Bellabike for sale in Kensington,London. 18 months old,Bright New York Taxi design, 2 lovely reclining seats. Please email me on info@kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk or via mumsnet for a price and contact details of this private seller.

Still enjoying my lovely Bellabike and have now added a super 2 wheeled BAkfiets to my school run fleet, which rides more like a normal bike and is faster, so great when I am running late for the school run, or when I need to go a tad further.smile

pramsgalore4 Fri 13-May-11 12:13:33

Hi, just out of interest how do you go about ordering and paying for a trikidoo looked on there website and there is just a phone number and they ring you back, seems a little strange to me, did you order yours this way, thanks just always a little worried handing out details over the phone

pramsgalore4 Wed 11-May-11 17:52:04

the seats have a 5 point harness so i can strap them in, i am going to save up and get a trikidoo next year, but for now i will use this i think by end of next year my 5 year old will be too big for the seat and that will be my excuse for paying out for a trikidoo, am going to save a little each month with out him knowing, naughty i know but then when he says we can not afford one, i can say yes we can lol, my son has asd and no sense of danger so will prob always need to be carried on my bike

zzzzz Wed 11-May-11 14:16:07

barely dare whisper it.....but have paid for trikadoo and weeride. I've decided that I am all together too indecisive and it is wasting too much time. So bike is arriving next week. School run is very short [only a couple of k], but there is one uphill stretch which might be boring. Still should be fitter by the end of term and have decided to work out how much money each school run would have cost me in the car so I know how much I am saving. YAY!
pramsgalore pashley looks great, I need to be able to strap mine in as I have 5 and control is a big part of our criteria, but if I could get mine to sit, they look brilliant. Luckily my legs are quite bandy anyway....grin

pramsgalore4 Tue 10-May-11 18:23:29

forgot to say i also have a weeride on the front, ok but you have to ride with your legs slightly wider than normal

pramsgalore4 Tue 10-May-11 18:21:40

Hi, i would love a trikidoo but can not afford one, have already got a trike which i had a child seat on the back, i have now bought a pashley with two child seats on the back, dont like the idea of the kids facing the wrong way so my dh is fixing a frame on to the back of my trike where the basket was and then fitting the rack and seats facing forward on to that, can not wait to use it, have asked him for electric assist for windy days but will have to wait and save up for that

zzzzz Tue 10-May-11 11:24:30

I'm looking at the Trikidoo, would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one. We will have 3 kidson board, and am thinking of weeride kangaroo seat for the one in front as it goes up to 4, so will give us a fw more months...the alternative is a tag along [something like a gator] on the back for one of my boys [6], but I don't know if this is even possible!

NonnoMum Mon 09-May-11 21:27:56

Hi _ Great Pumpkin - if you are still around and looking for a Child-carrying bike - just to let you know that I am in West Sussex too, so it might be that we could try similar bikes, go for a dual-customer discount if you haven't already bought something... (perhaps I'm a month late already??)
Thanks

IngridBergman Fri 15-Apr-11 13:16:05

Just bumping this nice old thread for you smile

We had a bakfiets for a while. It's too hilly here so sold it back to someone in Cambridge where it came from! I found it totally stable even pedalling standing up. It was like being on rails. I loved it but tbh the attention we attracted was too much for me, I'm a bit shy and there was a lot of tourists taking pic, builders whistling to make you feel stupid, etc. They are unknown round here.

I miss it though sad

I've just got a trailer and they love it (ages 1.4 and 3.7)

theGreatPumpkin Fri 15-Apr-11 10:52:37

I really want a second hand Trikidoo or similar (Bella, Christiania, Kangaroo etc). I can't afford to buy a car, and I have a 4 mile school run to contend with starting in September! I've tried googleing but no luck, if anyone has one in the West Sussex area they want to get rid of then please reply or message me! (Sorry to hijack your thread)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now