Anyone got a Kangaroo or Trikidoo or alternative way to transport kiddies...?

(65 Posts)
RinkyDinkyPinky Thu 21-May-09 13:50:17

I'm interested in either a kangaroo or trikidoo bike since I live in the flat lands of Cambridge...

Anyone any experience of them?

Sorry, didn't know where to post this but am confident that someone will be able to help...

TheHerbs Tue 20-Oct-09 16:26:25

Rohan, may I ask what you are looking to ask for it please?

Thanks smile

TheHerbs Tue 20-Oct-09 16:31:25

We are in Kent btw so could collect!

But i asked first, dont gazump me on location grin

TheHerbs Tue 20-Oct-09 16:51:49

Did you? oh sorry! Is there another thread/ad?

moocowme Tue 20-Oct-09 21:49:45

i want a taga!!!

just a previous page!

TheHerbs Wed 21-Oct-09 10:29:25

Ah I do not have pages here wink am far too luddite.

aarghhelp Fri 23-Oct-09 12:30:47

Aha. I was searching around to see what the nice red front-trailer-bike thing was that I saw on the road near our house yesterday. So it was a Kangaroo bike. It looks like just what DH needs to take DS home from nursery. But he would not like us to pay £2000. Oh no. He would have a fit. (Watches conversation about 2nd hand bike with interest).

bellabike Sun 15-Nov-09 20:01:34

Hi everyone,

I have 4 little boys and was keen to do the school run with 1 riding and 3 in a family bike.

After much testing we decided on a Bellabike. We loved the rear-wheel steering, great manoeurvability and the protective aluminium box and concertina style rainhood.I even got to design my own cargo box.It was also a lot cheaper than some.I love it. My school run is my daily spinning class and I am doing my bit for the environment. The kids never complain about jumping in either.

However, it really is worth testing them all out, to find the one that suits your family and your riding style.

We now import the Bellabikes through www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk.They also stock the Taga and Zigo family bikes.Or if you prefer two wheels, a great new Kiddyback tandem,Circe Tandem has just been launched to carry up to 2 kids and adult. Amazingly flexible.

Happy to share my experiences to date with all these family bikes.

CheesecakeQueen Thu 05-Aug-10 09:17:45

Has anyone in the Chichester area or West Sussex got a Trikidoo? I'm serious about buying one but would love to hear how you're getting on with it or possibly even come and try it out???

willcurtis Tue 22-Feb-11 13:23:56

We've got a secondhand Trikadoo for sale if anyone is interested. Its only 1 and half yrs old, and has always been kept in the garage. Excellent condition.
We're in BRIGHTON / HOVE east sussex.
Price negotiable, but about two thirds the new price??
Call or text 07977 037906
Will & Lynsey
(Feb 2011)

oodlesofdoodles Tue 22-Feb-11 17:30:50

If your older child can cycle the Circe Helios gives them a bit of exercise.

UniS Wed 23-Feb-11 21:32:45

The helios is a VERY interesting bike. They arrived on teh market just too late for us as we had already adapted our tandem to kiddy cranks for the stoker.

Boy started being stoker on the tandem at 3.6 and hes fine with it. mostly he just spins his legs with no real effort, but when asked on uphills you do get a noticeable boost from the back.

Pre tandem, we used a CTS chariot bike trailer. From six months up to 3.6 years .

ootsman Thu 03-Mar-11 22:02:45

Hi, is the trikidoo still for sale?
Am very interested and although I live in Suffolk now I lived in Brighton for 8 years until fairly recently and am back all the time so collection not a problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Many Thanks.
Chantal.

theGreatPumpkin Fri 15-Apr-11 10:52:37

I really want a second hand Trikidoo or similar (Bella, Christiania, Kangaroo etc). I can't afford to buy a car, and I have a 4 mile school run to contend with starting in September! I've tried googleing but no luck, if anyone has one in the West Sussex area they want to get rid of then please reply or message me! (Sorry to hijack your thread)

I've just got a trailer and they love it (ages 1.4 and 3.7)

IngridBergman Fri 15-Apr-11 13:16:05

Just bumping this nice old thread for you smile

We had a bakfiets for a while. It's too hilly here so sold it back to someone in Cambridge where it came from! I found it totally stable even pedalling standing up. It was like being on rails. I loved it but tbh the attention we attracted was too much for me, I'm a bit shy and there was a lot of tourists taking pic, builders whistling to make you feel stupid, etc. They are unknown round here.

I miss it though sad

NonnoMum Mon 09-May-11 21:27:56

Hi _ Great Pumpkin - if you are still around and looking for a Child-carrying bike - just to let you know that I am in West Sussex too, so it might be that we could try similar bikes, go for a dual-customer discount if you haven't already bought something... (perhaps I'm a month late already??)
Thanks

zzzzz Tue 10-May-11 11:24:30

I'm looking at the Trikidoo, would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one. We will have 3 kidson board, and am thinking of weeride kangaroo seat for the one in front as it goes up to 4, so will give us a fw more months...the alternative is a tag along [something like a gator] on the back for one of my boys [6], but I don't know if this is even possible!

pramsgalore4 Tue 10-May-11 18:21:40

Hi, i would love a trikidoo but can not afford one, have already got a trike which i had a child seat on the back, i have now bought a pashley with two child seats on the back, dont like the idea of the kids facing the wrong way so my dh is fixing a frame on to the back of my trike where the basket was and then fitting the rack and seats facing forward on to that, can not wait to use it, have asked him for electric assist for windy days but will have to wait and save up for that

pramsgalore4 Tue 10-May-11 18:23:29

forgot to say i also have a weeride on the front, ok but you have to ride with your legs slightly wider than normal

zzzzz Wed 11-May-11 14:16:07

barely dare whisper it.....but have paid for trikadoo and weeride. I've decided that I am all together too indecisive and it is wasting too much time. So bike is arriving next week. School run is very short [only a couple of k], but there is one uphill stretch which might be boring. Still should be fitter by the end of term and have decided to work out how much money each school run would have cost me in the car so I know how much I am saving. YAY!
pramsgalore pashley looks great, I need to be able to strap mine in as I have 5 and control is a big part of our criteria, but if I could get mine to sit, they look brilliant. Luckily my legs are quite bandy anyway....grin

pramsgalore4 Wed 11-May-11 17:52:04

the seats have a 5 point harness so i can strap them in, i am going to save up and get a trikidoo next year, but for now i will use this i think by end of next year my 5 year old will be too big for the seat and that will be my excuse for paying out for a trikidoo, am going to save a little each month with out him knowing, naughty i know but then when he says we can not afford one, i can say yes we can lol, my son has asd and no sense of danger so will prob always need to be carried on my bike

pramsgalore4 Fri 13-May-11 12:13:33

Hi, just out of interest how do you go about ordering and paying for a trikidoo looked on there website and there is just a phone number and they ring you back, seems a little strange to me, did you order yours this way, thanks just always a little worried handing out details over the phone

bellabike Thu 09-Jun-11 12:52:08

Hi All,

For anyone interested there is a secondhand Bellabike for sale in Kensington,London. 18 months old,Bright New York Taxi design, 2 lovely reclining seats. Please email me on info@kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk or via mumsnet for a price and contact details of this private seller.

Still enjoying my lovely Bellabike and have now added a super 2 wheeled BAkfiets to my school run fleet, which rides more like a normal bike and is faster, so great when I am running late for the school run, or when I need to go a tad further.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now