Suckling all night

(8 Posts)
emmaf84 Mon 28-Nov-16 08:34:27

My little one is 10 weeks old and breastfed. we co-sleep most of the time but hadn't planned to sleep that way before he was born. I fall in and out of sleep whilst he's feeding but over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that he seems to try to suckle most of the night. I'd like to break this habit before it becomes too much of a norm but he won't take a dummy. Has anyone gone through this?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 02-Dec-16 19:11:36

emma is there a reason you want to stop him? smile

MessezFaire Fri 02-Dec-16 19:16:29

This was the norm for me too, not what I planned at all but in the end it was easier to just go with what baby fuhrer demanded, it was the only way I could get any rest at all.

Things get easier, I promise

emmaf84 Sun 04-Dec-16 21:19:26

Thank you both. The only reason I'm keen for him to stop is that We can't continue like this when I go back
to work and I'm worried that if it continues, we'll have a harder time trying to break the habit at a later date. If he's likely to stop by himself before too long, i think we can manage that

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 05-Dec-16 16:04:31

Ho long is it till you go back?

emmaf84 Mon 05-Dec-16 16:42:04

About 4 1/2 months before I go back to work

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 05-Dec-16 20:46:34

So much can change in that time, I really wouldn't worry about it yet. If you are getting some sleep while he feeds, I'd just go with it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 05-Dec-16 20:52:06

This is quite a good article on sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now