Behaviour since starting nursery big room

(3 Posts)
Screamer1 Mon 21-Nov-16 11:31:26

My DS has just turned 2 and has started in the big room at nursery a few weeks ago. He goes 3 days a week, and does still nap there (although the times vary from 30 minutes to 2 hours).

I've noticed that since he's started he has been really really tired. He gets tired and cranky and starts saying he's tired by 11 o'clock, where we would previsouly put him down for his nap around 12.30.

The last week he's ad a virus which hasn't helped. But I just wanted to see if this was common when they change to the bigger room at nursery? I'm hoping it's nothing more sinister, but if it doesn't improve I will take him to the GP.

BackforGood Mon 21-Nov-16 18:52:39

Yes, very normal. He's doing more things, and new things, and having to think more and concentrate n things. Will probably be getting more fresh air and more activity too.
Just let him have some extra sleep smile

Tip - it will be likely to happen when he starts school too, and also when he starts secondary smile

Stepmum123 Mon 28-Nov-16 18:18:22

It's also really normal for children or anyone to be extra fatigued for weeks leading up to and or following a virus, they really wipe you out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now