Is my baby the only baby who won't eat yogurt?!?!

(16 Posts)
gembush Fri 11-Nov-16 20:31:18

As above! I thought it was standard baby they would love it but she won't have it!

BingBongBingBong Fri 11-Nov-16 20:36:30

My son hated yoghurt til very recently, he is just turned 3. OTOH my DD (just turned 1) can't get enough of it!

ProbablyMe Fri 11-Nov-16 20:39:10

My baby acts like I've just fed him raw lime. He's not impressed!!

IamScarfaceClaw Fri 11-Nov-16 20:40:04

My DD (10m) only seems to like apricot flavour yogurt, I don't understand it as everyone knows apricot is the worst flavour! Depending on the age of your baby you could try tube yogurts....DD prefers them to being spoon fed.

teainbed Fri 11-Nov-16 20:54:32

One of mine wouldn't eat them cold out of the fridge. I'm fairly sure they had to be room temperature. blush

tappitytaptap Sat 12-Nov-16 11:25:40

Are you trying on a spoon? I have a 7 month old spoon refuser and he prefers licking it off his fingers and scooping up handfuls from the tray. So so messy though!

tappitytaptap Sat 12-Nov-16 11:26:39

IamScarface, which tube yoghurts do you give? Always on the lookout for ways to feed DS and yoghurt out of a tube would be right up his street!

IamScarfaceClaw Sat 12-Nov-16 12:41:21

I'm not sure what they are called but it's a pack for a £1 at Tesco (not frubes though as they don't have an apricot) I'm sure they are full of sugar but they also contain dairy so I try and balance it out with plenty of fruit and veg.

gembush Sun 13-Nov-16 19:44:18

Thanks everyone! Yogurt just seems like it should be a staple! Never mind! I might try the 'hands in' approach - she does seem to like doing it herself! She's still small so trying not to do too much sugar X

LegoCaltrops Sun 13-Nov-16 19:47:25

DD would eat fromage frais - plain or the ones with fruit - but yoghurt was rejected. Usually followed by throwing up. She wouldn't eat proper yoghurt until she was 3.6 ish. No idea why as she wolfs it down now...

Mouthofmisery Sun 13-Nov-16 19:51:26

Mine won't eat yogurt. At the moment she won't eat anything but Blueberries or curry!

BikeRunSki Sun 13-Nov-16 19:54:54

DS won't eat yoghurt. He's 8.

BikeRunSki Sun 13-Nov-16 20:00:11

8 years old, that is. He won't eat anything of that consistency at all except custard. No mash, soup, pasta sauce, porridge, rice pudding...

GoBigOrange Mon 14-Nov-16 04:17:38

My son is 15 months old. He pretty much eats anything you throw at him. Mushroom omelet, a banana, spicy three bean chili, cheese on toast, creamed spinach, fried okra, cauliflower puree and crab cakes have all gone down the hatch today.

Offer him yogurt though and he screws his face up and recoils like you offered him a dead rat. I mean, I get maybe not particularly liking yogurt, (I can take it or leave it myself) but he's really repulsed by it. Happily scarfs cream, milk and cheese (so not that he hates dairy) and guzzles custard, pureed soups etc with glee (so not the consistency either).

Nice to hear about other yogurt haters actually, as it does seem to be something we expect babies to love, so people look at me like I've got two heads when I say my kid is completely disgusted by yogurt!

AmeliaJack Mon 14-Nov-16 05:21:04

Neither of mine would eat yoghurt as babies. Like a PP we had from age frais as I was desperate (at the time) to get their dairy consumption up.

gembush Mon 14-Nov-16 10:01:12

Ha ha! Our babies must have very refined palletes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now