Referral to paediatrician - What next?

(3 Posts)
digitalpaintartist Wed 12-Oct-16 20:37:45

I've posted about my DS a few times and had some great support. I collected my DS from pre school today and was taken aside by SALT who had observed him, this afternoon. It has been recommend that DS is referred for an autism assessment. SALT believes that DS being non verbal and his lack of interest in other children is just enough to go on. So, I'm just wondering what happens next and after intervention, some stories of hope? I'm scared for DS' future and just want to read some of your stories where your child has come on leaps and bounds.

Sausagepickle123 Thu 13-Oct-16 12:16:04

Hi - might be worth posting in special needs children for more responses?
For what it is worth, we were in a similar position with my sonabout 18months ago. No magic bullet or cure but with intervention we've learnt strategies to encourage and develop him and he has made some lovely progress and is really happy.
It might take a while to see paediatrician so suggest you ask for all he help you can get in the meantime (nursery should know or be able to make referrals). Good luck and best wishes.

digitalpaintartist Thu 13-Oct-16 21:55:54

Thanks sausage flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now