Early risers, what do you let them do when waking?

(8 Posts)
wildlingtribe Sat 01-Oct-16 06:38:55

So on the weekend for instance, what do you let them do when they're waking earlier than the weekday?! Ours are 5,4,2,5m so we have the school run in the week but the weekend they are waking so much earlier and they never chill, they want action from the offset lol so from like 5:30.

Wha my do you kids do when waking early? Look at books? Play? Tv?

I know they say "you'll have to wait years for a lay in" but even just to get some quiet time would be nice lol

Dizzywizz Sat 01-Oct-16 06:44:25

My nearly 2yo wakes at 4.30-5.30 am, i just sit and watch tv in the living room and he either watches too or plays. It sucks though!

ThursdayLastWeek Sat 01-Oct-16 06:45:23

DS1 is only 3.5 but when he wakes early (not regularly) and wakes us too, we will often give him a book and tell him him to wait for the gro clock. TBH I wouldn't mind him playing in his room, but he doesn't do that.

I guess TV at the weekend wouldn't be the end of the world if it meant another hours peace!

Believeitornot Sat 01-Oct-16 06:46:22

Play quietly or watch some tv. But I tried and get the heating to come on at about 2am so they're less likely to wake early.
As they got older, they'd get themselves up and play or put the tv on!

PurplePoppies Sat 01-Oct-16 07:08:27

We put the tv on and give them some dry cereal and a drink to have while watching tv (we usually have proper breakfast several hours later). If they are up before cbeebies or milkshake come on (not unusual) we put a DVD on. DH and I take turns so that at the weekend we each get one morning where we get a reasonable lie in.

Ledkr Sat 01-Oct-16 07:28:20

I pad and snacks here.

SummerSazz Sat 01-Oct-16 07:31:36

Ours was no tv before 7 as they'd wake earlier and earlier just to watch it. They ate older now a d I said last night no tv before 9 to try and get them to lie in as didn't go to bed until 9.30.
They're awake now....

MrsBellefleur Sat 01-Oct-16 07:33:16

We sleepily hand the iPad over and persuade her to watch surprise egg videos in her room until her gro clock wakes up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now