Nail cutting

(3 Posts)
EenyMeenyMo Thu 29-Sep-16 19:22:14

I am typing this while DS (6) is sobbing his heart out at the idea of having his nails cut. I'm at my wits end re nail cutting - we've tried everyway to make it less traumatic for him but he hates it - he seemed to be doing ok reading while i cut them but it doesn't seem to be working now.
he really needs them cutting twice a week - its easier to do after a bath when they are soft but it does mean he can be quite tired - i've tried mornings but can't really do during the week.
does anyone have any tips? i've never actually hurt them and err on leaving them too long rather than painfully short - he gives himself nosebleeds by picking his nose with sharp nails though...

starpatch Thu 29-Sep-16 21:00:46

I'm sure you've tried this but just in case you haven't..... when my son was a toddler did his nails with an emery board, one nail every day it was the only way I could do them and it worked for us at the time

Ferguson Mon 03-Oct-16 19:48:31

Yes - I was going to suggest a nail file. At 6 he is probably old enough to have a go at filing them himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now