8-year-old behaviour

(3 Posts)
ExhaustedMumbles Sat 17-Sep-16 17:51:02

My almost 8-year-old is angelic at school, rarely puts a foot wrong, always listens, does as she's told and gets glowing reports. At home, however, she is rude, constantly ignoring, answering back, foot stamping, growling at us if we ask her to do something when she's "busy"...etc. I see a lot of it as attention seeking, but the wrong kind of attention, and I find her difficult to talk to/reason with because she just doesn't pay any attention to what I say...constantly fiddling with a toy or interjecting with something totally irrelevant.
Her dad often loses his rag with her and yells in her face, which I'm somewhat convinced is her goal (to get his attention), but her behaviour remains unchanged.

Any advice from parents with similar issues?

malificent7 Sun 18-Sep-16 20:51:40

Is your dd my dd? ! She has won behaviour awards at school but awful to me! Ive been told 8 is a difficult age. I'm actually hoping to get support. Hope you can find someone else with advice as I'm at a loss.

malificent7 Sun 18-Sep-16 20:52:38

Is your dd my dd? ! She has won behaviour awards at school but awful to me! Ive been told 8 is a difficult age. I'm actually hoping to get support. Hope you can find someone else with advice as I'm at a loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now