How do you stop a toddler....

(8 Posts)
twirlywoo69 Sat 03-Sep-16 08:01:20

Climbing in your bed every night at 3am? She is nearly 3 and recently gone in a big girl bed. I'm always too tired to react at the time but husband says he can't sleep with her there kicking him etc. What would you do?

NerrSnerr Sat 03-Sep-16 08:36:32

Could your husband deal with her if it's him she's bothering? I would just keep putting her back in bed and telling her it's night time.

AperolSpitz Sun 04-Sep-16 09:36:27

Talking to them about it during the day also works for mine - emphasising it's good behaviour not to go into bed at night with mummy and daddy and praising when she doesn't.

PacificOcean Sun 04-Sep-16 10:27:06

I agree with letting your husband deal with it if it's bothering him! He needs to keep taking her back to her own bed (calmly, not telling her off but not engaging with her either) until she gets bored of it. Personally I don't mind a toddler climbing in.

VioletBam Sun 04-Sep-16 10:31:00

I agree. Both my DC have done this and I never even woke up so DH decided he'd just swap beds with the DC when they got in ours.

He'd just get out and into their bed.

Might be tricky with a toddler bed...unless you've a spare?

If he can't sleep and doesn't want to swap then he'll have to put her back.

CaptainSnort Sun 04-Sep-16 10:37:25

But a stair gate on her bedroom door.

soundsystem Sun 04-Sep-16 18:08:28

We just got a bigger bed... [helpful]

Avebury Sun 04-Sep-16 18:12:35

We go with a smartie in the morning if you stay in your own bed. Some nights she wants the promised smartie and returns to her own bed others she'd rather jump in with us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now