16 month not walking talking

(3 Posts)
ghostspirit Wed 24-Aug-16 12:52:32

i dont need to worry do i? hes crawling and pulling himself up. he says mum dad ball not often though. the rest is babble. when i encourage him to walk he just lifts his legs in the air and wont let me put him down. and if i take his hands of the sofa to hold my hand and walk he just get upset and sits...so i should just leave him and not stress him out?

ghostspirit Wed 24-Aug-16 13:39:45

?

Tollergirl Wed 24-Aug-16 14:04:06

If its any comfort my dd didn't walk until she was 17 months old - she liked the world to come to her. Have you seen your health visitor - maybe they could reassure you or give you some advice. Re the talking - this can be very variable and boys are often later talking than girls (I'm a retired speech and language therapist). If he is babbling and using a few words that's a good start. Playing together and using rhymes with actions is great at this stage. I'm not sure when they have routine developmental checks these days - maybe find out, but it's probably all fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now