Wits end - DD age 21 months

(2 Posts)
Tiredandtorn Tue 23-Aug-16 17:12:21

It's fair to say the tantrums of the terrible twos have begun. DD is dc#2 and dc#1 is a lovely calm, content child so I really don't what I'm doing so wrong this time around.

Bluntly, DD is an absolute nightmare and has been difficult since birth but recently it's at a whole different level. The screaming and demands are constant, our very sympathetic neighbours have now complained and our neighbours the other side (renters) have move due to the day and night screaming.

I work and my mum and nursery are now both complaining about her behaviour.

I'm so embarrassed. I don't know what to do next. I'm always consistent with her (as is dh) we don't give in to her demands but this just escalates the tantrum. Distraction with a toy sometimes works but she not easily fooled and knows what she's doing!!

We used Cc to get her to sleep through most of the night, but that's still not 100% and if she wakes she'll have a huge screaming fit for 1-2 hours in the middle of the night and noting or no one can settle her when's he does this.

I feel Like I'm losing my mind.

Any advice would be much appreciated. X

hazeimcgee Wed 24-Aug-16 02:24:02

I'd ask your nursery for some support and whether they think she needs assessing for any behavioural issies. Hope you get help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now