worrying how dd behaves at friends houses

(4 Posts)
eatingpiesmainly Thu 28-Jul-16 21:32:22

She's just turned 10 last month. She can get very excited and hyper! She says she made them laugh a lot and when she came home she was bouncing off the walls. I just hate to think they (the parents) felt awkward not to laugh to incase they hurt her feelings and in turn that spurred her on to act daft even more. She doesn't seem to calm down when told when she gets like this but then most of the time at home she's fine and chilled. I suppose she thinks of herself as a bit of a comedian which don't get me wrong is perfectly fine to have a sense of humour I just really worry people especially parents of her friends find her annoying. Oh I know this sounds bad I'm finding it hard to explain properly. Just hope someone can relate confused

fastdaytears Thu 28-Jul-16 21:40:14

Oh I think she's probably just a fun confident kid getting a bit over excited about the summer.

If you're really worried, do you know the other parents well enough to speak to them? Just say you're trying to help her recognise when she's going a bit OTT and it would be good to know how she's been around them.

But honestly I think she sounds great.

eatingpiesmainly Sun 31-Jul-16 10:04:31

Oh sorry it said this didn't post and I forgot about it ! Thankyou for replying!

eatingpiesmainly Sun 31-Jul-16 10:08:50

I think I'm just a worrier and probably overthinking it all. I've been thinking back to when I was her age and I'm sure I was the same always seeking laughs out of people or acceptance and I wonder if she's just really similar to me. I know at the time I thought I was hilarious and would carry on and didn't really lose friendships through it. I suppose I should just let her be who she is and if she's a bit loopy then I'm sure she will be awesome haha. Oh it just worrys me I suppose as a mum I'm suppose to worry grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now