Mars around my baby's kneck

(6 Posts)
Jghl1234 Thu 14-Jul-16 11:37:27

My daughter has red marks on her right and left side of her kneck I've been told by doctors other parents her nursery teachers they at Wolff the high chair straps and her car seat. The midwife told me to put Vaseline on it.

I've taken away her high chair as she now sits on her little chair.

Her car seat I make sure the pads are nice and soft and don't rub.

I bathe it every two hours and apply aloe Vera Vaseline.

And it's still there some times it bleeds!

She doesn't seem bothered by it atall but it's getting worse I don't understand how???

Anyone else's baba had this and how did you fix it.

Ino it's not bothering her but it looks so sore sad xxx

VioletBam Thu 14-Jul-16 14:01:56

I think you should leave it alone. Let it dry out...don't bathe it or apply vaseline. Make sure what she is wearing is open around the neck...not rubbing.

If the marks don't improve over the next three days, then go to the GP.

Kalispera Thu 14-Jul-16 14:04:05

Definitely stop with the bathing, that will be making it worse. I wouldn't use vaseline either, her skin needs to be open to the air to heal, and Vaseline will suffocate it.

Maybe ask a Pharmacist in the first instance; some Sudocrem on it might protect it a little even?

idontlikealdi Thu 14-Jul-16 14:05:30

How old is she. Could she have a milk rash in there?

I'd leave well alone and let it air.

AndroidAddict Thu 14-Jul-16 14:20:09

Take her to a dr just to make sure it's not infected (either bacterial or fungal). When dd had reflux as a baby her neck was really sore because of the sick and dribble getting trapped there so we used nappy rash cream and a gentle wipe with clear water 2x daily.

Jghl1234 Thu 14-Jul-16 17:10:16

Thanks guys I will try letting it dry out xxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now