Pant wetting age 5 1/2

(9 Posts)
Lovesgiantbuttons Tue 05-Jul-16 17:48:43

Any advice greatly received!
My Dd has been "dry" since 2 1/2 but everytime we have half term from school she starts pant wetting when she goes back. In the past it has trailed off but this time it's happening twice a day and she's lying about it until found out. She isn't bothered if I do get cross and consequences seem to mean nothing. Where do I go from here??

Flumplet Tue 05-Jul-16 17:53:16

Sounds anxiety related to me. No advice other than having a look in to the causes of that. Good luck and I hope it's ok.

Flumplet Tue 05-Jul-16 17:53:47

she's not it's - apologies.

Lovesgiantbuttons Tue 05-Jul-16 17:55:24

Difficult because she gets on so well at school and has lovely friends. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but don't know to start with that!

Lovesgiantbuttons Tue 05-Jul-16 17:55:50

Don't know where*

Kalispera Tue 05-Jul-16 18:00:01

My DD is similar and I think it's anxiety-related. She did it a LOT when she started nursery (at 4) and she has done it again a few times in the last week (last week in Primary One and lots of confusion about who her P2 teacher will be).

It's just one of those things, I guess. Obviously I hope it will happen less and less but there just isn't any point in getting angry about it. I'm not saying I've never got angry - I have - but it didn't help and was more of a reaction than, you know, a strategy. grin

Lovesgiantbuttons Tue 05-Jul-16 18:05:21

so I just have to accept it then... There's nothing I can do? sad
We had to leave gymnastics tonight before shed even started cos she was soaking. Luckily didn't bump into anyone so no need to explain the u-turn. I am conscious of not making her embarrassed about it.

SuburbanRhonda Tue 05-Jul-16 18:10:39

Who would be embarrassed - you or her?

Take her to the GP - she may have a UTI. My DD had one a little older than that and it went on for 18 months. Don't get cross with her - what on earth would that achieve except to give her another reason to be anxious?

Also have a look at the ERIC website.

Lovesgiantbuttons Tue 05-Jul-16 18:29:03

I don't mind people knowing but don't want her to be teased by other children, they can be mean.
The anxiety element strike a painful chord because I have anxiety issues myself.
I will look at ERIC thankyou (never heard of it before)
I have thought hat before And been to docs on previous occasions but there isn't any smell or pain and as I say it happens several times a year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now