Wind in newborn advice

(4 Posts)
leeds84 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:02:27

My baby is 1 week old. I posted before about her feeding but this seems to have improved now thankfully.

However, she is now getting really upset when she's awake. She'll be ok for a couple of minutes and then scream blue murder. I'm guessing it's bad gas pains. I just wondered if this is pretty standard newborn stuff? She can cry for quite a while and really seems in pain. She's sleeping ok though at the moment.

My experiences of newborns is very coloured by the fact our ds had silent reflux. I'm totally paranoid we're about to go through the same thing, so just want some advice on whether this is normal newborn stuff or not.

Newtobecomingamum Sat 02-Jul-16 20:52:12

Are you using Infacol before every feed? This might help. Are you burping and winding lots after feeding? Is she crying straight after feeds, during or just randomly throughout the day? Google Infacol colic baby massage YouTube its really good (not just for colic but for bringing up wind), also I swear by this white noise video on YouTube - type in baby colic white noise and select the baby sitting on the moon. Have it up fairly loud but speaker obviously not facing near baby's ears. It took a good twenty mins first time for my baby to get use to it but it's really does calm and settle them. Worth a go. I think it's too early just yet to know what it might be.. If you are worried though take little one to see GP x

squeezed Sat 02-Jul-16 21:11:29

We had the same with DD1 and now have it again with dd2. It does improve over time,but it feels like a lifetime to happen. Infacol is great and can be used from birth and at a month gripe water can be used. I've been wearing dd2 in a sling and that can help. The baby massage was good for dd1 but waiting to see results number 2. If she is crying and it's not after a feed then it could be that she's tired/woken up too soon.

zippyswife Sat 02-Jul-16 22:04:16

I had this with ds3 recently. It was dreadful until he his about 3 months then subsided. Baby massage and obsessive winding definitely helped. It was really tough but it didn't last. I tried colief which didn't work at all and infacol worked with ds1 but not ds3. Gripe water worked for ds1&2 but not ds3. I guess try all these things one at a time. It WILL ease but flowers for now. Ds3 is now the most content smiley baby since the wind has gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now