3 year old stuttering

(3 Posts)
MrsOs Mon 13-Jun-16 08:34:58

I hadnt really noticed it but my husband pointed it out yesterday and now almost every sentence he seems to be struggling to get out! Its stressing me out. He turned 3 in january and is a really good talker i think for his age.. Lik now he just said get get my water mum.....

waitingforsomething Mon 13-Jun-16 10:25:53

Hi op. My dd is 3.7 and has had 3 episodes of this since 2.6. Each have been quite bad and then disappeared within 7-10 days.
A salt friend of mine said it is very normal at this age as their brains go ahead of their speech for a short while as they're learning so rapidly!
Her advice was to always let her finish her sentences no matter how long it took, not to cut in and not to mention it or draw attention to it. It's gone completely every time and the last was just one month ago. Each time it's over I notice a significant leap in her speech and Lang

StepfauxWife Mon 13-Jun-16 14:25:04

My DD has suffered from a stammer for some time. Like the PP, it comes and goes. Have a look at the British Stammering Association website for guidance - share with all your child's caregivers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now