Toddler stripping at night!

(8 Posts)
Flossy78 Sun 12-Jun-16 22:43:12

I'm in need of some advice mums! My DS is 2 & a half and SO very different from his older sister. The latest issue we have is that it's too warm at night for a sleepbag so he is in a vest and/or thin PJ's at night. Every night for a week he has undone his vest poppers & taken his nappy off. So I have lots of wee to deal with first thing in the morning. A great way to start the day! My MiL keeps rolling out the "he's telling you he is ready for potty training" mantra but I'm not convinced. Any advice gratefully received!

BrightandEarly Mon 13-Jun-16 22:03:21

Our DS is in a 0.5 tog sleeping bag at the moment.

Or: you could try PJ shorts over the vest, to limit access to poppers?

Sounds annoying!

MrsSpecter Mon 13-Jun-16 22:05:59

Keep the room as cool as possible. Thermal blinds, pulled down all day, window cracked open af night. Loads of waterproof sheets, reduce drinks in the evening and let him sleep in just his nappy. The heat is temporary.

BirthdayBetty Mon 13-Jun-16 22:08:14

Have you tried a fan?

toffeeboffin Mon 13-Jun-16 22:09:32

Does he have one piece pyjamas with a zip?

If so, put them on backwards.

OhThatThingAgain Mon 13-Jun-16 22:09:38

Swimsuit on over nappy? I do it with my nappy remover wink

BertrandRussell Mon 13-Jun-16 22:09:59

Maybe she's right? Mine weren't at this age, but some are.

Flossy78 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:13:37

Thank you for all the advice. I will try it all! We do have a fan but he is obsessed with fans (and vacuum cleaners!) at the minute so I can imagine he would be too excited at bedtime if we put a fan in. I will definitely try all the clothes options though. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now