Pre school how long does settling in take?

(6 Posts)
Abella Thu 09-Jun-16 13:03:22

Hi my son is 2.7 and started pre school although he's had nice write ups in his book about his day he cries when he arrives and when he leaves. Should I be worried?

Kariana Thu 09-Jun-16 18:56:13

How long has he been going?

Abella Thu 09-Jun-16 19:29:53

Only a week

haggard1 Thu 09-Jun-16 20:16:22

My DS used to do this for ages. He wasn't unhappy at all and loved his key worker and friends at nursery. He'd cry for 30secs after I left him (until he noticed breakfast), and would cry as I entered the room to get him. If I saw him before he saw me I'd catch him playing, happy as Larry. I wouldn't worry, it's emotional leaving a parent and having them pop up again and a kids go to reaction is to cry. Enjoy it, when he starts running off to preschool and his friends without a goodbye or smile for you, you'll be the one welling up when you realise he doesn't need you as much!

Abella Thu 09-Jun-16 22:26:52

Thankyou, it's my first child so I instantly think somethings going wrong. His comments in his book are positive I just was abit shocked that we didn't have a proper chat with his key worker or manager about how he was doing on his second day. I realise they have a lot of other children to deal with too! I hope it improves and he becomes happier X

CanIGoToBedNow Sat 11-Jun-16 20:31:45

My DS took about a term and a half to get into the swing of things. He's a really outgoing confident boy and he took a while.

Don't worry, it's all new and he'll get there.

Good luck and enjoy your child free time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now