Aversion to fruit

(5 Posts)
Thelyingbitchandthewardrobe Sun 05-Jun-16 07:14:14

My DC2 is 2 and a half years old. He cannot eat a single bite of fruit. He can eat Ella's kitchen pouches, but will vomit if I put even the tiniest piece of apple in his mouth.
DC1 and 3 don't have this problem.
What do you think is going on? Anyone had experience of this?

Zaurak Sun 05-Jun-16 18:56:29

Will he eat veg?

If so, I'd just not give him fruit to be honest. Veg is much healthier and it's important to not make a battle or conflict over food. Keep re offering it every now and again and you may find his tastes change over time.

Suzgm Mon 27-Jun-16 20:44:47

Maybe it's a texture thing or maybe the taste is too sharp for him? will he eat/drink homemade smoothies rather than Ella's or have home made apple puree?

Penfold007 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:07:07

I don't like fruit and neither DC is very keen. I find it too sharp and dislike the texture. I'd much rather snack on veggies and so would DC. I wouldn't worry about it.

LilySnape Mon 27-Jun-16 21:08:48

Could be texture or he might not like the shape ? Try softer fruits like berries at first and work your way upto hard stuff like apple ? Or try cutting the fruit into fun shapes with little cutters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now