Baby screams when dad feeds

(4 Posts)
WalkingBlind Mon 30-May-16 21:37:31

12 week old DS has started screaming blue murder when his dad feeds him. He doesn't cry any other time his dad has him.

If he's handed to me he stops instantly. He will let his nanas feed him so it's not just him demanding me.

I've agonised over how DP holds and feeds him but it's identical to me blush

DP gave him his first feed after birth and is very involved even with night feeds. But for the past few days I've had to do all of them I'm exhausted sad He's never done this before, has this happened to anyone else? DP broke down into tears today because he thinks the baby hates him and he's doing something really wrong, it broke my heart

LizaLemon Mon 30-May-16 21:47:28

flowers bumping for you.

no useful advice myself except to say I really really doubt your baby hates his dad and of course you need to tell him not to project like that. But easy to feel that way when sleep-deprived and upset!

(Might be worth posting in "chat" if no ones around on this topic too?)

Ferguson Mon 30-May-16 22:01:33

When I hear things like this, I am tempted to wonder if there is something about the 'scent' of the male - particularly if he smokes, or uses aftershave, or has a beard (that are becoming horribly common these days!) - that a baby notices as 'different' from Mum.

I'm sure it will resolve in due course, and Dad certainly must not read too much into it.

CopperPot Mon 30-May-16 22:06:54

Mine is exactly the same except I think my H is glad as he gets out of doing any feeds twat

Maybe it's just a phase as he's getting more alert and probably attached to you more. It'll pass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now