I don't think I can do it anymore

(8 Posts)
LemonadeLady Sun 22-May-16 17:42:34

I just don't enjoy it. DCs are 3 & 5 and parenting them is almost impossibly demanding. I am exhausted - so is DH. We take it in turns to loose it. We don't have any other help.
What is the alternative tho'?
I spend an unhealthy amount of time wishing I'd stayed single.
To the outside world we are a happy little family.
Any thoughts?

howiloveanicecupoftea Sun 22-May-16 17:47:14

Has something happened today to prompt this?

LemonadeLady Sun 22-May-16 17:51:48

Hi - weekends are difficult tbh - but I just tried to spend some quality time with eldest to try to support / improve behaviour. No joy just more moaning. It's so unrewarding.
Whatever I do is never ever enough.

InsaneDame Sun 22-May-16 19:07:20

We have two boys, our 2yo is an absolute joy at the moment but our 7yo moans pretty much constantly if he doesn't get to do the stuff he wants to do. Silly thing is that when we eventually managed to get him out and about doing stuff he really enjoys himself! What kind of things do you do with them? We try to get outside as much as possible, both our boys enjoy pottering about the garden or local parks/rivers and always make a friend or two on the way.

LemonadeLady Sun 22-May-16 23:10:13

That is a good way of doing it insane - very similar here - do you think it is the sibling rivalry causing the moaning? I am at a loss...
Tomorrow is another day.

InsaneDame Mon 23-May-16 08:15:19

I think it's his way of trying to have some sort of control - we constantly have to remind him that he is a child and doesn't get to make all the decisions on what we/he can do or should do. His problem is he thinks he knows everything and that what he thinks trumps what we think. I'm always telling him I actually know better than him and he should trust that we, as his parents, know what we are doing the majority of the time! I think this is partly down to his personality and partly due to how we brought him up when he was an only child for his first five years. Trying to rectify our mistakes is proving difficult for him to handle confused

santeya Tue 24-May-16 19:16:31

Totally with you lemonade. I'm constantly tired and just mentally and physically exhausted. I guess if we had family around to help, it would be different.

Whatacuriousplan Thu 26-May-16 18:41:54

My people!
I just came on here to check before I posted myself.
I'm so stressed and unhappy and I feel so guilty.
I feel like everywhere I look other families are breezing around with happy children all...enjoying each others company confused
Are some kids just very very hard work or am I doing it wrong?
What's the main thing that worries you lemonade?
Funnily enough we don't have family around to help either. Maybe there's something in that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now