Food

(12 Posts)
WonderWoman30 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:28:13

Currently feeding hipp organic jars to my 7 month old but he doesn't seem to be liking them anymore and he brings them up in his burps not all but some and it stinks.
Anyone recommend a good brand of Jared food?
I'm not a good cook so I don't cook stuff for him. Thanks

Newtobecomingamum Fri 22-Apr-16 20:55:51

Have you tried Ella's kitchen? It's bit jars but pouches. They are really good.

Newtobecomingamum Fri 22-Apr-16 20:56:29

Meant to say it's not jars! It's all organic and is like home cooked food.

Wolfiefan Fri 22-Apr-16 20:58:16

But you will need to cook when he's older? My DD liked the Ella's ones to start off with but the ones with meat etc are horrid.
I got an Annabelle Karmel book. She loved the homecooked stuff and it froze well.

poocatcherchampion Fri 22-Apr-16 20:58:37

Tell me you are not feeding him exclusively jarred food?

What else does he have?

RiverTam Fri 22-Apr-16 21:01:12

Jars are fine but not as the only thing to eat. You're going to need to cook for him at some point, he can't move from jars to ready meals. I used annabel karmel and a veggie baby and toddler book, the recipes are laid out very well so you don't need to be an experienced cook.

SavoyCabbage Fri 22-Apr-16 21:03:30

What do you have to eat on a day to day basis?

WonderWoman30 Sat 23-Apr-16 13:30:14

What's good to cook and make for my son?

pizzaeatingmonkey Sat 23-Apr-16 14:28:09

tapas

SavoyCabbage Sat 23-Apr-16 15:23:56

Well, the are loads of things that would be good to cook and eat for your son. And you. A scrambled egg. Pasta. One of those roast chickens in a bag and baked potato. Rice and broccoli.

There are so many meals you could do that you don't need to be a person who cooks to make. It just depends on what you like to eat.

WonderWoman30 Sat 23-Apr-16 18:16:10

I'm always concerned about what I can and can't give him. Won't rice make him choke? And can you give egg at 7 months?

RiverTam Sat 23-Apr-16 18:42:32

Why don't you get one of the weaning books and read up on it - they all have when certain foods can be given, for example. Or ask your health visitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now