son is in agony

(3 Posts)
Niicol90 Fri 22-Apr-16 14:57:05

My little boy is 8 weeks 1D and has had a problem pooing. He's going to poo but when he does go you can see he is in alot of pain he crys his heart out. I've gave him a ounce of water bicycled his legs, massgaged his belly and he still cries his little heart out. He's in infant gaviscon for reflux and I mentioned this at his check up but the dr just reduced his gaviscon and have nothing for this problem.
A friend advised brown sugar but my mum said that it will hurt his insides and my cousin advised lactolouse as he's actually pooing he's not constipated could I used this ? X thanks any advice will be helpful xx

amysmummy12345 Fri 22-Apr-16 14:59:47

You could ask a gp? For all the best will in the world I'm not qualified to diagnose and offer a remedy, better to be safe than sorry x

idontlikealdi Sat 23-Apr-16 14:39:43

The gaviscon can make them constipated it def did with mine. They also had infacol which gave them runny poo so when they had both it balanced itself out and was ok. Go back to the GP and ask about ranitidine instead for the reflux.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now